Wakely mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wakely mountain

Has anyone camped in Moose River Plains while hitting Wakely fire tower? Any information on the camping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's about 100+ free, first-come, first-serve sites in the plains. They are pretty easy to find. For Wakely Mt., your best bet are the sites near the Cedar River Flow, at the eastern entrance to the plains.

Normal backcountry regulations apply at these sites- three night stay without a permit, max overnight group size of nine without a permit, etc.

Comment

There's a very nice ADA accessible site on the NE side of Wakely Pond, about 1/3 mile in (drivable) on the NPT from the Cedar River Road. There is also a walk-in site just off the shore of the pond on that same trail. Wakely Dam is nice but if you are looking for solitude might consider these sites as well. Enjoy the hike. It's great!
      Exploring the US one mountain at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bark Eater Too View Post
        There's a very nice ADA accessible site on the NE side of Wakely Pond, about 1/3 mile in (drivable) on the NPT from the Cedar River Road. There is also a walk-in site just off the shore of the pond on that same trail. Wakely Dam is nice but if you are looking for solitude might consider these sites as well. Enjoy the hike. It's great!
        The wakely pond site is nice, but pretty close to the road. You'll hear traffic if that bugs you at all.

Comment

Originally posted by G898kyle View Post
          Has anyone camped in Moose River Plains while hitting Wakely fire tower? Any information on the camping

Lots of camping sites available in MRP many with a vault toilet (outhouse) too.
          Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

Wakely mountain

Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
            X