Pillsbury fire tower??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pillsbury fire tower??

Plan on hiking this saturday, anyone have info on this? Hiked it in past two months? Cab still closed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the cab is still closed, as it houses a DEC radio repeater. There have been plans for a while to come up with some solution that will allow cab access to the public while protecting the repeater from vandalism.

Comment

Pillsbury fire tower??

Ok thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hiked Pillsbury on June 21. A really enjoyable hike and the views from the tower are spectacular for the effort expended. The cabin near the top is in bad need of repair or it will soon succumb to the elements. The fire tower also needs some work and yes, the cab remains closed. This peak could use a friends organization to restore it. I might consider it if I lived closer.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleCrag View Post
          I hiked Pillsbury on June 21. A really enjoyable hike and the views from the tower are spectacular for the effort expended. The cabin near the top is in bad need of repair or it will soon succumb to the elements. The fire tower also needs some work and yes, the cab remains closed. This peak could use a friends organization to restore it. I might consider it if I lived closer.
          Sad to hear!
          Weird...I was just re-reading some of Larry Weill's tales about the Pillsbury fire tower & cabin earlier today as a matter of fact....could be a nice addition to the hut-to-hut...

Comment

Working...
          X