Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are hunting clubs becoming a thing of the past in the Adirondack?
yes 82 43.62%
no 106 56.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2016, 05:00 PM   #101
bobadkhunter

Check out robinwoodpark.org

We have a lot to offer(including great camper sites) , checkout our website.

We are also in the process of buying 4100 acres of our total 7500 acres(lease 3400)

Last edited by bobadkhunter; 05-17-2016 at 09:20 PM.. Reason: add a line
bobadkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:45 PM   #102
Tug Hill

[QUOTE=Bounder45;245593]I've heard about some hunt clubs losing their exclusivity to certain pieces of leased land, but that doesn't necessarily explain why some clubs are having trouble staying afloat.

The Gooley club on the Essex Chain of Lakes is still going, despite having lost its exclusivity to much of that area. As I understand it they still have small piece of leased land on one of the lakes, but the majority of their former lands has been opened up to public use. I should think that as long as clubs are able to keep up their lease payments, they can retain their holdings for their actual club houses, but they may have to learn to co-exist with other hunters and people using the rest of their former lands.

All depends on the wording of the easement, each one is different. On the Corrigan tract, East Branch Fish Creek easement, there were 22 camps. As of June 2017, there can only be 15, and you are correct the clubs can lease their remaining camps and a 5 acre envelope, but outside of that, the hunting rights are public.
Tug Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:43 AM   #103
wellsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckladd View Post
Hello Everyone:
Thanks to numerous requests for such information I've added a section to the Resources Page on ADKHunter.com for hunt clubs. http://adkhunter.com/resources/

Unfortunately, a few mentioned on this thread (Buck Mt., Minerva F&G) don't have websites. If you are aware of any links to those or any other club that might want to be listed please have them reach out to me through the website. Thanks!
Nice Idea, thanks
wellsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 05:28 PM   #104
Buckladd

[/QUOTE]All depends on the wording of the easement, each one is different. On the Corrigan tract, East Branch Fish Creek easement, there were 22 camps. As of June 2017, there can only be 15, and you are correct the clubs can lease their remaining camps and a 5 acre envelope, but outside of that, the hunting rights are public.[/QUOTE]
From what I understand all of the clubs who lost their initial leases to TNC as part of the former Finch Lands deal were offered optional leases somewhere else, although likely less attractive.

I've belonged to clubs and leases and each had their pros and cons. On the upside, there was thick, young growth timber to confidently hunt bucks and a place to go year-round for other activities, especially on the busy summer holidays.

My only bad experience, and this happened twice, was being told not to enter a particular woodlot because such-and-such group was getting ready to drive it. I felt like if I had followed my initial plan I would've been perceived as sneaking into their drive, so in each case I went elsewhere. But, I did ask myself what I was paying for.
Buckladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:48 AM   #105
Fly Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckladd View Post
My only bad experience, and this happened twice, was being told not to enter a particular woodlot because such-and-such group was getting ready to drive it. I felt like if I had followed my initial plan I would've been perceived as sneaking into their drive, so in each case I went elsewhere. But, I did ask myself what I was paying for.
I've spent weekends with other clubs before on leased lands and everyone zoomed down the logging roads on their quads to their secret spots to sit by themselves. I like my current club, though. We hunt public land and we do it together.
Fly Rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:43 PM   #106
Buckladd

If anyone is interested, I got a call from a guy tonight who has what he says is a fantastic camp at Robinwood Club. He wants $20K for the camp. Of course you'd be responsible for taxes and club dues/expenses. I don't know much else about it so I won't list it in the classifieds but if you are interested PM me and I'll give you his phone number.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:08 PM   #107
duell79

I am now a member of Robinwood Park and have been for several years. As with most adirondack hunting clubs we are also seeking members. For information about Robinwood Park check out our website www.robinwoodpark.org
duell79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:11 PM   #108
duell79

I am now a member of Robinwood Park just up the road. We are also looking for a few good members. For more information go to our website www.robinwoodpark.org
duell79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:06 PM   #109
Billy9565

That definitely looks interesting . I'll talk to my wife about becoming a member . thanks for the link
Billy9565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:23 AM   #110
FTHR&DAGHTR

That definitely looks interesting . I'll talk to my wife about becoming a member . thanks for the link

Your wife that big a hunter?

....... with the good Lord willin' and the creeks don't rise.......
FTHR&DAGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:42 AM   #111
Billy9565

Neither one of us has hunted yet but we would like to start
Old 09-26-2016, 10:27 PM   #112
bobadkhunter

Billy we would love to have you and your wife start (learn) to hunt on on Robinwood Park, and everything else that Robinwood Park has to offer.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:57 AM   #113
Billy9565

Thanks Bob. We really loved it there . we will definitely become members . thanks again for the tour
Old 10-09-2016, 10:05 AM   #114
Warren66
God bless America

Membership

I'm in search of a club that is still taking members.
I've hunted around the moose river area and west Canada lks.
It all came to a grinding halt this year when the guys no longer were able to pack in and set up,Due to family obligations.So I've been left to fend for myself.
I've been researching other options.Such as ultra light camping gear,staying at a motel,setting up on the many campsites avail to us along the roads,and hireing a guide to help me pack in and out and now clubs.
Any help would be appreciated sincerely Warren66
Warren66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:12 AM   #115
Buckladd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren66 View Post
I'm in search of a club that is still taking members.
I've hunted around the moose river area and west Canada lks.
It all came to a grinding halt this year when the guys no longer were able to pack in and set up,Due to family obligations.So I've been left to fend for myself.
I've been researching other options.Such as ultra light camping gear,staying at a motel,setting up on the many campsites avail to us along the roads,and hireing a guide to help me pack in and out and now clubs.
Any help would be appreciated sincerely Warren66
Scroll down and you'll find links to hunting clubs:
http://adkhunter.com/resources/
Old 07-23-2017, 08:37 AM   #116
dpc34

I have been a member of at least 7 different hunting clubs.(my present club is the Opalescent)..be sure that you read all of the rules and regs of any club that you are thinking of joining....make sure you check out rules regarding bring in guests during hunting season...just saying....The Opalescent is one of the best that I have been a member of and will be my last...We are noticing that as soon as a camp comes up for sale it is gone in a very short period of time and for the asking price....
dpc34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:55 AM   #117
bobadkhunter

Robinwood Park Club is Still looking for a few members....fisherman have been catching bass, rainbows and some brookies....deer ,bear season is coming fast , also a very good chance at seeing a moose, over 25 miles of roads/trails to ATV/UTV. please check out our website robinwoodpark.org , send us a contact at RobinwoodPark1972@gmail.com if your interested.
Thank You, Bob B.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:11 PM   #118
Hard Scrabble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tughill View Post
I hear it all the time "I 'd love to go to your tent hunting" .Last season I spent 26 days alone in the big woods. When it all boils down not many people ever see the big woods let alone stay back- in ! I wouldn't have it any other way !
Ain't it the truth!
We can't have it both ways, either you accept the pleasure of hunting the back country, or stay in a motel.
Cold feet??? No hot water???
It's really dark out here, what are those sounds??
Coyotes are attacking!!!
Eek!!!!
I'm sorry to offend.
Hard Scrabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:59 PM   #119
dpc34

26 days at one time ?????
dpc34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:29 AM   #120
St.Regis

Lol
St.Regis is offline   Reply With Quote