Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2017, 04:13 PM   #1
Hard Scrabble

Snow camo for deerhunting.

Any one used it???
Hard Scrabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:36 PM   #2
EagleCrag

I have a white poncho that I purchased from Sportsman's Guide. I use it if I am sitting when there is snow on the ground. It is very loose so fits over anything I wish to wear beneath it. It was cheap to boot and covers nearly everything if I am sitting down.
EagleCrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:48 AM   #3
dockless
citizen

Years ago I bought conifer camo from Cabelas.

Use it all season including archery season in ladder stands tucked in the branches of a conifer tree or standing inside/behind a conifer tree. Theirs lots of hemlock, spruce, pine in my area.
dockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 05:09 PM   #4
mgc

I pull a large tyvek suit over my regular gear. You can pick one up for a few bucks at a paint shop or Lowes...
Tyvek suits are also great for Can, snow goose or crow hunting during the winter months..
For the few times that (I) would use snow camo, I prefer not to spend too much on it.

It does work"
mgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:14 PM   #5
Hard Scrabble

Snow camo coveralls from Cabelas make you invisible to deer.
Always wear a red hat!
Old 09-03-2017, 08:03 PM   #6
Stillhunter

I wear my snow camo when the woods are white with snow. Enables me to blend in and become invisible when I pause while still hunting or tracking. I have a couple of patterns. One in fleece and another one. I always wear some blaze orange either my hat or blaze camo vest for safety. Even up north you can surprise someone who is not expecting to see another hunter. Better to be safe than sorry.
Stillhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:34 AM   #7
Buckladd

Only when I still-hunting alone in snow, not when I'm making drives with the group. I have an over-sized shirt that goes over everything else. I have to admit, I still worry about someone getting a little too excited if they see something white moving through the woods.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:40 PM   #8
Hard Scrabble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckladd View Post
Only when I still-hunting alone in snow, not when I'm making drives with the group. I have an over-sized shirt that goes over everything else. I have to admit, I still worry about someone getting a little too excited if they see something white moving through the woods.
Understood.
The object of the drive is to be visible or heard to move the deer toward watchers.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:39 PM   #9
Tug Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckladd View Post
Especially if you have big ears and a cotton ball tail.
Tug Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:12 PM   #10
Cpswing555

I just got the ll bean snow camo that pulls over my jacket and pants.. I mean I stopped typing to take it out and check it. seems very quiet. and light. great for stalking. the benoits and guys from adk tracker wear snow camo when it snows so I figured I would try it lol. it's definitely oversized so take that into account. I just hope to god it snows when im up there this year.
Cpswing555 is offline   Reply With Quote