Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Adirondack Wildlife
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2006, 10:58 AM   #81
Sasquatch

Ahem, I've been know to trudge through the Adirondacks from time to time. Don't worry, I'm harmless (for the most part, I have a weakness for redheads of the female persuasion). Just don't take any pictures of me. It makes me angry, and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry....
Old 06-17-2006, 11:14 AM   #82
redhawk
Senior Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch
Ahem, I've been know to trudge through the Adirondacks from time to time. Don't worry, I'm harmless (for the most part, I have a weakness for redheads of the female persuasion). Just don't take any pictures of me. It makes me angry, and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry....
Keep your hairy paws off the redheads, they're all mine!!
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:45 PM   #83
Skanondo

1963. Trout fishing at Three ponds mountain in a leanto at waters edge. Across the pond at dawn a figure came out of the brush. It was no animal that I had ever seen and I consider myself an experienced woodsman. It lingered there for 30 seconds and went back into the brush. The next year I heard first hand of a sighting not a mile away at Hell devil dam. Trouble is, I was alone with no witness and quit telling anybody about it because nobody ever believed me. Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Skanondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:28 PM   #84
charbo

About 20 yrs ago growing up in Holland Patent my friend and I walked up the creek behind my house for about 3 miles when we came to some sand flats, we saw a bunch of bigfoot tracks. They looked liked human feet but were about 20 to 24 inches long and very deep in the sand. Everyone thought I was nuts but I know what I saw. Just a side note my grandfather used to go bigfoot hunting up in the westernville area. no sightings but he says tracts were plentiful. As far fetched as it sounds there is no reason for me not to believe in something that I saw with my own eyes.
charbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:09 AM   #85
Hitched Hiker
Wander

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk
Keep your hairy paws off the redheads, they're all mine!!
You should be careful of the redheads. Mother Nature has marked things with red that need to be handled with caution....coral snakes, red ants, hawks, male black widow spiders... need I say more?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:31 AM   #86
redhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitched Hiker
You should be careful of the redheads. Mother Nature has marked things with red that need to be handled with caution....coral snakes, red ants, hawks, male black widow spiders... need I say more?
There are times I throw caution to the wind and saddle a bolt of lightning!
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
Old 06-21-2006, 05:38 PM   #87
Hitched Hiker
Wander

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk
There are times I throw caution to the wind and saddle a bolt of lightning!
Thats got to leave a mark!
Old 06-21-2006, 06:55 PM   #88
Tidge

The Book

There is a rich history of Sasquatch sightings in NY state and the adirondacks evidently... There is a book called Monsters of the Northwoods that chronicles these sightings that include some pretty convincing reports from the Whitehall area involving admitted sightings by both Sherrif's deputies and State Troopers...
Tidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:36 AM   #89
Sasquatch

I'd have to agree that the color red is definitely a warning, but I always was a slow learner.....
Old 06-27-2006, 01:48 AM   #90
Trailpatrol

The Bog Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Farrell
Has anyone ever had what they think was a sasquatch encounter in the park? - Justin
Could this be the "Bog Monster" I was asking about earlier this year?

Hans
Old 07-30-2006, 12:18 AM   #91
Chris I

more sasquatch talk

http://www.poststar.com/articles/200...2077385180.txt
Chris I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:58 PM   #92
DeanA

Hey guys. New here. If you think you've had a Bigfoot experience, go to bfro.net and report it using the sighting report form. For every documented experience (probably hundreds) there are likely 10 more that go unreported. I'm always skeptical about this stuff, but in doing some recent research I've been incredibly amazed at how many people report experiences that cannot be explained by other, more plausible explanations. Bfro seems a little more respectable than some of the other sites out there (there are LOTS of them).
DeanA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:39 PM   #93
BarbOrdell
Running Barefoot

HE LIVES!
BarbOrdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:02 AM   #94
ADK Tank

I figured I would stir this one up a bit again. Is there finally hard evidence of a big foot? Here's the story http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071028/..._bigfoot_in_pa
ADK Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:36 AM   #95
redhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK Tank View Post
I figured I would stir this one up a bit again. Is there finally hard evidence of a big foot? Here's the story http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071028/..._bigfoot_in_pa
One of the things that i found interesting is in a recent interview I watched with Jane Goodall, she stated that she and other primate biologists believe that there are undiscovered primate species out thees still and that Bigfoot and Yeti are among them.

So I guess the speculation is scientific (speculation - science, oxymoron?) as well as "folk"

Hawk
Old 10-31-2007, 01:30 PM   #96
tenpennys
Administrator

A quickie! I believe in Bigfoot! I have seen humaniod tracks that I could not explain, have heard sounds that I could not identify, hence - I believe.
tenpennys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:33 PM   #97
sky
defender of newtbears

Hey, if it's scientifically possible it has to be false........right. i'm gonna go see if i can create bigfoot in a petri dish.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:51 PM   #98
Robony

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpennys View Post
A quickie! I believe in Bigfoot! I have seen humaniod tracks that I could not explain, have heard sounds that I could not identify, hence - I believe.

Could I ask where?
Robony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:59 PM   #99
wiiawiwb

I listened to the interview with Jane Goodall and as Redhawk mentioned she steadfastly believes there are undiscovered primates. Let's not forget that mountain gorillas were nothing but a proposterous "myth" until they were found to exist on the 1900s.

In 40 years of technological advances of untold proportion and despite the attempts by thousands of people, no one has ever been able to prove the PGF (Patterson-Gimlin fim) was fake.

Disbelievers always ask, "Well, why then haven't we found any skeletons or bones from one?" That's simple. They're not easy to find. Gigantopithecus lived for approximately 5 million years and all we have to show for his existence are a handful of teeth and a partial lower mandible.

No one will convince me they are not real nor will anyone convince me they don't reside in NYS.
wiiawiwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:40 PM   #100
Starshadow
Administrator

Bigfoot in the Adirondacks
by Brian

Back in the late 1970s, my parents purchased an old farmhouse that was built in 1880 in a town called South Kortright, NY. The house sat on seven acres of a beautiful valley in the middle of the Adirondack Mountains. The farmhouse was in disrepair when they purchased it, but over the years they fixed it up into a very comfortable weekend and summer retreat from the urban bustle of the New York City area, where we lived. The trip took three and one-half to four hours every Friday night, but my sister and I didn't mind it at all.

One night, after we arrived at approximately nine at night, my sister and I sat at the kitchen table eating sandwiches for dinner while my parents had cocktails in the front living room. The kitchen was at the rear of the house and the windows faced a drop-off in the property which ran down to a clear running stream. As I was eating my dinner, I was gazing out the window. It was a dark, overcast and moonless October night. As I turned my head from facing my sister, I looked out the window, which was twelve feet from where I was sitting, and there, illuminated from the light spilling out of the kitchen, was a huge, ape-like face staring back at me. It had a broad, wide face, with no discernable neck and shoulders that spread out beyond the four foot wide window. The brow of the creature was heavy and I do not recall any expression on the creature’s face. It was clearly and most obviously a Bigfoot, but what was different from any description that I had heard before about a Bigfoot was that the hair of this creature was more orange-like, not brown or black. At this point I yelled and motioned to the window and my sister turned and saw the creature as well. We both yelled for my parents, but when they got there, the creature was gone.

My father and I took flashlights and went outside to look for it, but the ground was too hard due to a cold autumn that year. What we did realize, however, was that the creature would have to be over nine feet tall for its face to be visible through the window at the kitchen, since the basement level was exposed at that part of the house, as the farmhouse was built into a hill. My parents never believed my sister and I, especially since the color of the beast was orange, but about two weeks later we read a local paper in which a farmer said he spotted a big hairy creature breaking into his henhouse and stealing chickens. The color of the creature's hair? Orange!

http://paranormal.about.com/library/..._july04_02.htm was the page.

I don`t discount the possibility.

Zen Proverb
Starshadow is offline   Reply With Quote