Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stillwater camping

Hello,

I am planning a trip for my son's scout troop to Stillwater in a couple of weeks. I'm wondering how crowded it gets. Will we be able to play it by ear and pick campsites as we go, or will there be a lot of full ones and we'll need to plan more? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

It can get quite crowded with a full parking lot, but even then there are usually several campsites to choose from, depending on when you arrive. Note that you must choose a campsite from the selection board before you launch on the water. You can't go out to cruise the reservoir and decide from out there which one looks good and pull in there to camp. Well you could, but someone would have to return to the selection board to confirm your choice before some other party behind you grabs it.
    "Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman

Comment

More detailed information to help select a campsite.

Comment

Unlike a lot of ADK waters, there are a lot of nice places on the Stillwater to camp the legal 150' from the water and still have a relatively open site and a view. I have done that a lot there.
        Turtle

Comment

Working...
        X