No announcement yet.

indian lake island camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the jessup? is it close to indian lake islands? Is it a lake or river? Good fishing? Thanks!

Comment

The Jessup River enters Indian Lake from the SW.
      If you paddle around the point on the right from the state boat launch, you will enter Johny Mack Bay, the estuary of the Jessup.
      Some really nice campsites.
      Good fishing, from pike to small mouths.
      Jim

Comment

If you take the first right turn after leaving the campground HQ that is the long skinny arm that leads to the Jessup after about 5 miles if I recall right. If you want to go into John (or Johnny according to some maps) Mack Bay you have to continue on around the end of Long Island and skip across the end of the long Jessup armand around the point into Johnny Mack Bay which is sort of the second right turn. Indian Lake is a great place and Baldface Mountain is very nice if you ever get a chance to climb it. When I was there last summer I paddled from Watch Hill up to Baldface and then down around Johnny Mack Bay and around the point and down the arm to the Jessup all in one day and while I got to see a lot of really nice scenery it did feel a bit rushed. I am hoping to go back next summer if I can.
        Zach

Comment

Working...
        X