Little Tupper Lake weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all that commented.
    BTW, I have a total of 71 photos from the trip in my Picasa site, just use the link at the bottom of my posts...

Anf Kevin, where did you guys go??

Comment

Nice pictures and trip report. Looking forward to being up there in a few weeks.

Comment

Wow the outlet to Rock is as low as I've ever seen it!

The weather has been great for camping! Not so much for the garden.

Thanks for the report!
        'I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.' - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by stripperguy View Post
          And Kevin, where did you guys go??
          Nothing quite as adventurous as you ...

Big Bay & Piseco Outlet on Friday, Lake Durant on Saturday. Nobody around on Big Bay & the outlet, just a couple boats out on Durant. Paddled Durant up past the bridge (Cascade Lake trail) and into the boggy marsh at the end. I suspect that if the water was higher we might have been able to paddle to Crystal Lake/Pond but like most other places, the water is fairly low. Loons, herons, ducks on both bodies of water.
          sigpic

Once a year, go some where you've never been before.

Comment

Looks like the dog & I will be heading there for our first time this weekend... Leaving dark & early tomorrow morning and planning to be on the water by 7am, hoping to beat any possible wind issues and the holiday weekend rush hour.
            Any campsite recommendations?
            Last edited by Justin; 09-03-2015, 03:30 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

I've liked 7, 12, 15. The only one I didn't like and rejected was 3. Its on an island and dark and gloomy.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
                Looks like the dog & I will be heading there for our first time this weekend... Leaving dark & early tomorrow morning and planning to be on the water by 7am, hoping to beat any possible wind issues and the holiday weekend rush hour.
                Any campsite recommendations?
                Originally posted by yellowcanoe View Post
                I've liked 7, 12, 15. The only one I didn't like and rejected was 3. Its on an island and dark and gloomy.
                Thanks YC.

Any others?

(I quoted my post above again since it got caught at the bottom of page 1.)

Thanks again.

-Justin

Comment

Justin
                  We stayed on 12 I think that and 11 are the best on the lake
                  Camp bliss has great views

Comment

Eleven was my favorite.
                    "There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us, And the Wild is calling, calling . . . let us go." -from "The Call of the Wild" by Robert Service

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal

Comment

Much appreciated, guys!
                      Thanks very much, have a great holiday weekend!

Comment

7 is my favorite. Never stayed at 11 or 12 though.

I also really like #25 on Rock Pond, and the island site, #28. I've really enjoyed my stays on Little Tupper but in my opinion it's worth the extra effort to continue to Rock Pond- that might be my favorite body of water to camp on in the Adirondacks.

Comment

The weekend looks great @ LTL. I was there on a solo trip last Labor Day weekend and it was a great place to check out. The way in, waves wise, in my 12' boat were mild. Was a bit trickier on the way out the next AM. Having a sponge in the boat is a saver sometimes. The northern side of the lake on the way in with the lower # campsite numbers were pretty nice from the water but were mostly ( not all ) occupied. Lots of sandy stretches. I arrived @ parking lot after noon so I had a hunch I was going to have to look around a little for a site. I found one towards the end of the lake ( 12 ) and it was a great spot to be and had a slight trail to a beach facing back the way you paddle in. Worth the trip for sure ! Happy travels .

Comment

Working...
                          X