Road conditions to Lila

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road conditions to Lila

Planning a return to Lila in a month, this time armed with a canoe!!! Woohoo!!!

Last year's trip was great, but the dirt/rock road to the parking lot was... rough.

My lil' Jetta wagon made it, but only because I have enough off-roading experience to know where to put the tires. This year, we're planning on getting in late, and I'll likely be traversing this interesting strip at night.

I was hoping someone might be able to chime in and tell me whether or not the last year was kind or cruel to that rugged strip of track. Is it as it was last year? Better? Worse?

Thanks, gang. I'm not afraid of the challenge it presents, but it sure as heck would be handy to know a six foot deep pothole has formed halfway down in advance!

road

just got back from there. the road is the same as it has been every time I went there. Sounds like you have the key-don't straddle the rocks! I once saw an oil trail that started just past a nasty rock. Looked looked like some poor sole holed their oil pan. have fun,it's lovely.
    Turtle

Comment

Sweet!!! Can't wait to get there. Spending a few days paddling around is exactly what's needed.

Thanks for the head's up.

Comment

more info

wife and I were driving a ford focus. No worries if you are cautious.
        Have fun at Lovely Lila
        Turtle

Comment

Working...
        X