Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > General Adirondack Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2017, 02:45 PM   #1
anthony_jp

Question Camping Near Long Lake

Me and my friend are planning on going camping for a couple of days in the high peaks area, near Long Lake. I was wondering if there was any information or advice you could give to us (like which mountains are good for camping, good hikes, ect.). as we're both somewhat inexperienced with camping in that area. We'd be interested in backcountry camping if at all possible, so any rules regarding that would also be helpful.
anthony_jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:13 AM   #2
snapper
snapper

While the eastern side of Long Lake is "officially" in the High Peaks, there aren't any easily accessible high peaks near the lake. You'll have to travel quite a ways inland from the lake to climb anything that qualifies as a "High Peak" if that's what you're specifically looking to do. There's lots of nice hiking along the NPT and you can hike up Kempshall Mt. again; although the fire tower was removed many years ago.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:10 AM   #3
Faline
reMember

I was just reading about free campsites near Long Lake. Anyone know about them?
Faline is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, hiking partners, long lake