Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2008, 07:42 PM   #1
marzrw

Anybody need a net man...or photographer

Sero, Shaq, Al, Trouthunter, PH, Ken, or anyone else need a guy to net your fish, take pics, shine your shoes, whatever...

I guess that's what I'm reduced to in this slump I'm in...

I mean, sheesh...The guy just had Achille's tendon surgery and he outfishes me once again... And on his second cast...

You don't have to pay me,well a little gas money would be nice...

Nice fish brother...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rainbow.jpg (82.9 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg Chin Music.jpg (62.0 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg Nice Release.jpg (46.2 KB, 163 views)
Old 07-29-2008, 08:24 PM   #2
wildbrookies

Yeah, but you neglected to mention the most important thing ...w/out the quick,athletic ability in running and crashing through the brush behind me and chasing down a fish that when first hooked ran like the Douglaston Run Steelies I had on last Nov...that left me convincing you fairly loud that this was a dandy and it wasn`t stopping...being the tree stump I have been the last 6 weeks or so...things would`ve been pretty hopeless w/out your services..and if you never thought of trying it,I probably would`nt have gone alone,not yet anyways..cause,I never planned on moving for anything to far.....I still can`t believe I was into my backing..have`nt seen it in along time...but after seeing your awesome pix of the big bow`...this thing had some shoulders...w/out the net it would`ve been just a distant ,quick release of some kind ,leaving me with just a memory, but one I would`nt forget..thanks for being there when I needed you man!!..Every great team plays like a team...you gotta believe me ,your day is coming...but remember next time when I tell you to take a spot don`t hesitate...grab it and you`ll be into the next big hog...yeah,right, I only wish I was that good...I`ll be the netman next time...

Wb
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
wildbrookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:28 PM   #3
AlSara
We fish with a fly

Marzrw:

You are too good of a person to hang out with me. I wouldn't have done that for my brother(s).

Slumps are good. They keep us humble.

That is a great mid summer fish...
AlSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:34 AM   #4
Shaq

Sweet fish guys, congrats!

www.theanglersnet.com
Shaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #5
pondhopper
Have creel; will travel

Man, I've been net man more times than not & actually, prefer it 99 percent of the time nowadays- depending on the personality of my fishing companion. But being family, I can see the possibility, where a little brother may get a little uppity & condescending acting........just joking WB

That's a beautiful fish. Congrats!
--"Pete You***?!, Pete You***'s grandson?!...That name is nearly sacred & uttered with awe in THIS house!" : The late Dr. Reed's wife, upon entering her house & being introduced- so to converse with her husband about the old days, a little before he died. The kind of greeting you'll never forget & reinforces your image of the hero you never met. --
pondhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:37 AM   #6
trouthunter

Nice bow guys! If you can guarantee those kind of results than you can be my netman anytime and I will fill your tank!
Those pics are gorgeous, I especially like the second one, nice head shot. Did it jump? Gotta love those fiesty bows mid summer!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:17 PM   #7
chaser
pond jockey

Nice trout boys! WB, I thought you said that you were half crippled this summer? Nice job.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:41 AM   #8
serotonin
ember

That's Good stuff!

Marzrw, I like what pondhopper says about being the net-man. It's pretty damn enjoyable. There's also a good deal of responsibility there; we all know how easy it is to screw it up. Obviously, you did not!

But maybe next time you won't hesitate to catch your brother's fish...
Then the shoe will be on the other foot.

Wb, it's good to see you on the mend and foul-hooking those fish again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzrw View Post
..., ..., shine your shoes, whatever...
Thanks, but... it took me a long time to get 'em this dull.
Shiny shoes scare fish away.

serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:46 AM   #9
St.Regis

Way to go you guys !!!

WB, the more pics I see of you and your 'bows, the more I think a name change is in order

Take it easy while you're on the mend - Ain't nothing wrong with a lawn chair, cooler filled with icy brews, and your spincast with a can of worms
St.Regis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:16 PM   #10
wildbrookies

Leave it to Sero to notice the tiny Copper John stuck in the Bow`s chinny chin chin...I figure the trout still hit and spit it out so quickly,and I was a second late on the hook-up and of course ,very lucky!!

Thanks TH,PH,St.Regis ,Alsara,Shaq,Sero and Chaser...

TH- no, the strange thing is it did`nt jump at all but tore the line off and streaked downstream as though it was trying to get back to the lake...little did it know that there is no lake...

Chaser- Dr. orders are to get off the crutches...have P.T. wean me out of the boot and thirdly, start resistance work...now #3 can be done a variety of ways,go figure...big rainbows give high resistance workouts believe me!!!

St.Regis- I like your idea of the lawn chair fishing...but I did that a few times the past few weeks and did`nt catch anything but a buzz!! Figured I better try at least a little bit harder..besides the leg muscles are trying to come back...guess I`ll keep my net man around alittle while longer... Man, hes good!!!

BTW, SR-As much as I love browns and rainbows those native brookies will always have a special spot in my heart ...thus, I guess my name will stay...sorry!!

Wb
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
Old 07-31-2008, 03:41 PM   #11
St.Regis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbrookies View Post
As much as I love browns and rainbows those native brookies will always have a special spot in my heart ...
Me too.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:23 PM   #12
trouthunter

Shoulda just told Sero you had already taken the fly out when you took the pic but your Copper John dropper snagged him at some point in the battle too.

Me three regarding native brookies.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:12 PM   #13
marzrw

Shaq...Do you recognize this fly?

Sero said: Wb, it's good to see you on the mend and foul-hooking those fish again.

...And you said you were worried about him....

And nice of you to always notice our foul hooked fish... I remember the time you noticed my pheasant tail stuck in a brookies ear or where their ear would be if they had one... I think you called it an - earring

TH...Sorry I can't make any guarantees...If I could, I would be catching the fish myself...

Last edited by marzrw; 07-31-2008 at 11:07 PM..
marzrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:20 PM   #14
wildbrookies

Oh Boy, Bro, now you went and did it ...very discriminating evidence, I forgot you took the picture of my copper john I tied..!!!

I mean ,I wasn`t trying to snag any fish...it just happens from time to time..and ..to hook them that close to the mouth, must ,and I truly believe this...that the fish either took the fly very briefly and tried spitting it out ,but she wasn`t fast enough..or...she was just very interested in the fly and it accidentally stuck in her chin as she was nosing around my offering...either way being that close to the mouth ,I might consider it still a catch ,even if I did`nt catch it...probably would be illegal if a warden saw where the hook was and I kept the fish...then ,things would`ve got ugly ..and ..on the opposing side...I knew old guys who would go up after the big salmon in the Salmon R. practicing a technique called "Lining" ...inwhich you see fish or blindly snag fish in a promising hole where fish congregate and cast upstream ,holding your line low to the water and letting it drift through the hole and lift at every bump they felt...I heard them explaining it to others at the bar..it did`nt interest me though..so, I never tried it...I`d rather come home skunked than fish like that..its really not fishing in my books...

Just my ten cents worth... What do you fellow fisher people think?

Wb
Old 07-31-2008, 11:03 PM   #15
marzrw

WB, the hook is like an 1/8 of an inch from her lip...It was one of those sloppy kisses that go awry...Kind of like an old aunt who kisses you when you're a little kid and it gets all over your face... So she went for the fly and missed and hooked herself in the chin...Happens to all of us from time to time...I've been known to miss my mouth with a beer bottle after I've had a few...I can just feel the glare from my wife's eyes when that happens...Funny, I think she's more pissed that I am wasting good beer and spillling it on myself than that I missed my mouth..What do you think?
Old 08-01-2008, 08:45 AM   #16
St.Regis

Well, if the last pic in the first post was a braised rainbow trout, on a plate, with lemon wedges, and a side of rice pilaf, there might be a slight problem . But since you sent her back home you are exonerated

But, I'm with marzw on this one, and IMO close enough to say fair catch
Old 08-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #17
wildbrookies

Well, that interesting analogy my brother posted made me feel awhole lot better...just the thought that I snagged the big girl put a huge damper on the excitement I was feeling after the catch...but, whats this about an ol` aunt with these kisses..if you remember correctly ,we use to try to get away and run like hell when they approached us with their lips all distorted and puckered up...YIKERS!!!! and,about the beer drizzle..I know the feeling when the spouse notices I missed my mouth with my Grog..she`ll usually say, something like "is this the first day with the new mouth" or "why don`t you have another one" when she says the last one, I say "I don`t mind if I do"...

Anyway, I`m just glad this topic is being addressed..everybody who fishes for as many times and years as we do ,will eventually hook one in other areas besides the mouth... if you hook an average trout in the tail ,it will pull you around like you have a monster on...hope this all resolves the issue..the bottom line is ...as long as the fish is treated as carefully as you can and released in good shape..go on fishing w/out the guilt... No Pilaf is needed!! I actually forgot what fresh trout taste like...its been years since I took one home..might have to this year!!

Wb