Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > General Forum Related Topics > Lost and Found
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2014, 07:40 PM   #1
eve162616

Unhappy Lost GoPro in Hudson River Gorge - HELP!

Lost a GoPro HERO3+ Black Edition on the Hudson River in the Hudson Gorge (Slightly north of the town North River, New York). Will contain the entire unit in a sealed case with the mount still connected. Very special memories that I would love to get back. Please help!
eve162616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #2
TCD

I'm not a river person, but there are many folks here who could help look. Some additional detail will give you a better chance of success:

>Date and time lost?
>Can you narrow down the location at all? Even narrowing it down to a half mile stretch (as opposed to several miles) might help.
>What is the appearance of the unit (as in size and color of case?)
>What was the "point last seen?" Did you see the unit go in the river, or did you just notice that it was missing some time later?

Good luck!
TCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:41 PM   #3
Hobbitling
spring fever

Honestly, I think if it fell in the river, the odds of recovering it are close to zero, even if someone found it. Unless it has your name and contact info on it.

I almost wrote "Have you tried looking in the Atlantic Ocean?" but I thought that might be too snarky. After all, this is the internet, and we are civilized people here on the internet.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:12 PM   #4
knitgardenpurl

May have found it!

My husband and I were walking to the Blackwell Stillwater area of the Hudson River in the town of Newcomb...... found a GoPro. Can you identify what is on the files....stills, movies, animation? Can you identify the color and any identifying mark of the boat.... can you identify whether it was a kayak or canoe? Can you identify the maker of the paddles?
knitgardenpurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:18 PM   #5
timberghost
I bear therefore I am

Isn't Blackwell upstream of the gorge, where OP states the camera was lost?

Nonetheless, thank you for the effort to find the rightful owner
timberghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:32 PM   #6
electbc
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost View Post
Isn't Blackwell upstream of the gorge, where OP states the camera was lost?

Nonetheless, thank you for the effort to find the rightful owner
Maybe some salmon got a hold of it and carried it upstream. Ha Ha. It was lost two years ago.
Knitgarden:Is there a datestamp on the video/stills? When was the last picture/video taken? Maybe the serial number is available and GoPro may maintain a owner database especially if a warranty card was submitted. I guess I am showing my age. Do they even have registration cards anymore? I guess everything is done online now, especially tech items.
https://gopro.com/help/articles/How_...-Serial-Number

Last edited by electbc; 10-22-2016 at 01:31 PM..
electbc is offline   Reply With Quote