• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody say Low's??

Here is the main lodge in 1995, in the background

And here's almost the same perspective, in 2011

Another view of main lodge, 1995

And here's the stables from 1995

and this is the closest matching view that I have, again from 2011, in the background

Comment

The "abandoned church" is one of the old set pieces from Frontier Town, the wild-west themed amusement park in North Hudson that closed down in the 90's. If you do some google searching, you can find a lot more photos (both from before and after the park closed).

Here is a link to a page with a photo that shows the church as it looked when the amusement park was in operation: http://www.warrencountyhistoricalsoc...nal-amendment/

I've posted these here before, but they fit the theme of the thread so I will post them again. The first is one of the old Indian Falls Lean-tos, the second is the (I think) Plateau Lean-to. The "then" photos aren't mine, credit goes to http://forthoseabouttorock.net/

Comment

Not really "Then & Now", but here's Whitney Lake in Spring, Summer, & Fall...

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
          Not really "Then & Now", but here's Whitney Lake in Spring, Summer, & Fall...
          Nice! How is the lean-to there? I was thinking of checking it out in the spring.

Comment

BEFORE
            Range Trail - Basin - July 2012

AFTER
            Range Trail - Basin - September 2013

This short stretch of the Range Trail was, IMHO, one of the most "exposed" trails in the High Peaks. Pretty as a garden path yet a mere two feet from the edge of a 25+ foot-high cliff. Its replacement now lies several feet uphill and away from the cliff's edge. All I can say is that I'm glad I wasn't there when it collapsed.
            Looking for views!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyVirgil View Post
              Nice! How is the lean-to there? I was thinking of checking it out in the spring.
              The lean-to is long gone, but that's where it was located.

Comment

Great camp at Lake Lila, summer of '83

Same spot, one year later in '84

Next nearest perspective, a few years ago

Comment

Working...
                X