Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It took me 6 years and 196 credits to get my BS. Of course they screwed up and gave me a BA, which is completely BS!

-Kev
    "To keep every cog and wheel is the first precaution of intelligent tinkering" -Aldo Leopold

Comment

• I have a Juris Doctor, but I do not make house calls.

Comment

• It took me 6 years to get my BA, but an Architecture degree is a 5-year program, so I guess that isn’t too bad. I lost a year by transferring from community college, but ended up saving myself at least $10,000.
        A man needs to believe in something. I believe I'll go hiking.

http://community.webshots.com/user/lumberzac

Comment

• About Me

Well, I am a 16 year old kid, maybe the youngest member on the forum, but I love the Adiirondacks. My grandparents bought a house in wells after vacationing in well for a few years. Since then, our family has been in love with the area. My grandfather actually started the Jolie Montaigne Property Owners Association in Wells. My family never hiked, until I started reading Barbara McMartin's hiking the adirondacks series. We haven't stopped hiking since. Usually it's me, my uncle and my mom that do all the hiking together.
          I'm planning to graduate high school, go on to college, get a great job, so that I can take off and spend my time in Wells,NY!
          I cherish the outdoors. Its the adventure, the unknown, and the call of the wild that gives me its thrill, passion, and deepest respect.

Comment

• Wells?

Sounds familiar... Redhawk... ever heard of it?

-percious
            http://www.percious.com

Comment

• Just found this thread

So I figured I'd respond. My name is Karen, I'm 45, married, mother of three daughters and (I hesitate to admit it) a lawyer, although I neither ambulance-chase nor drive a BMW. Actually, I work for a federal judge in Buffalo. My first mountain was Mt. Mansfield in I think 1974. My first ADK high peak was Esther with my college boyfriend and some of his Plattsburgh buddies in 1980. In the early 80's, I climbed about 20 of the high peaks and my connection to the area and the wilderness experience was forged. Marriage (to someone else), law school and kids slowed my progress on the 46 over the years. But in the last few years, I've started hiking with my middle daughter (now 13 years old) and I plan on completing the 46 this summer (6 to go). I've enjoyed reading the posts on this forum, and I appreciate the advice I've been given. Living in WNY, I'm really far from the mountains, and this site keeps me connected. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by redhawk
                I am however an "Injun-eer"!

Now THAT"S funny
                "If You Ain't the Lead Dog,
                The Scenery Never Changes"

(Age Old Yukon Saying)

Comment

• AA, BS, JD . . . Ten years and a lifetime of student loan payments.

judgeh, you know what JD really stands for? Just Deeper!

buffalogal . . . DUCK!!!

John
                  Determine that the thing can and shall be done,
                  and then . . . find the way.
                  Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• BM, MM, DMA...I'll let others decide what they stand for (not much!)

Dick

Comment

• Originally posted by Judgeh
                      I have a Juris Doctor, but I do not make house calls.
                      Well...I have a bulldozer, and I make houses!

The Wilderness Photography of Gary F. Dean
                      facebook photography of Gary F. Dean

It's Not A Map...It's a "To-Do" List!

Comment

• OK here goes...my name is Pat (i've posted here a bit and on VFTT and on Tim's board). I'm 46, married and a father of 4 great kids aged 15-20 and live in Apalachin, NY about 15 miles west of Binghamton, NY...my two boys and I finished our 46 in June of 2004. My youngest daughter is at 42 peaks (I didn't get my oldest daughter out in time and lost her to the Gap store in Placid). I've always liked the woods...grew up in a small town in NW PA up on Lake Erie and used to go to the Allegheny Nat'l Forest to camp, hike and hunt/fish a bit. I hiked the northern Presidentials solo while in college. Didn't do much hiking until the kids got older and started back up in about '95 with the boys in the Catskills where we did about 10 peaks or so. Always wanted to hit the ADKs (I remember finding the old 1950ish ADK 46er book in the library at Penn State back in 1978 while a student there and thinking that they sounded pretty cool....) and finally got there in about '95 or '96. First ADK hike was Wright and Algonquin and I was hooked. I love hiking with my kids and have enjoyed seeing them grow up while at it. I'd like to hit the Presidentials or Katahdin this summer (after finishing my daughters 46) and would like to try a real bushwack. Now that the kids are getting older (god I can't believe how old sometimes) I'll have to find other hiking partners so if anyone i slooking for middle aged (god that can't be me!) guy to hike with let me know.....
                        Pat Connors

Comment

• Originally posted by Hikerdad
                          I'll have to find other hiking partners so if anyone i slooking for middle aged (god that can't be me!) guy to hike with let me know.....
                          Sorry, I don't hike with youngsters!!
                          "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

• Originally posted by redhawk
                            Sorry, I don't hike with youngsters!!
                            How about lawyers?

Comment

How about lawyers?
                              With a properly executed release, of course.

Willie, A.A.S., B.S., M.S., J.D. (ABN).
                              Last edited by Willie; 05-26-2005, 09:18 AM.

Comment

How about lawyers?
                                Lawyers get old?
                                "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X