Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranger School @ Wannakena
    Attached Files
    We were put here for a predetermined number of days, he doesn't take away the days you spend in the Adirondacks with boys. Jim Seaton

Comment

New Fav Cedar lakes #1
      Last edited by wbwells; 05-07-2008, 05:16 PM.
      wbwells

Ever notice that the people who are late
      are often much jollier than the people who have to wait for them?

Comment

flowed land

this is the only lean to that I have stayed in in the dacks. The floor is made of dirt and sloped

---------------------------------------------------

Id rather be hiking.

Comment

Lizard (Lixard) Pond

Nice Spot
          Attached Files
          'I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.' - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Trout Pond
            Attached Files
            'I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.' - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Raquette river lean-tos

Hallo, heading back to the Raquette with friends and would love to share images of any lean-tos folks might like to share to help with our route planning party :-) we stayed at hemlock hill which was beautiful but never really saw or explored other lean-tos. We'll be putting in at long lake and not sure how far down - maybe trombley or tupper lake, further if kids are doing well (ages 4 -13)
              Thanks to anyone who can help. Great forum! My user name autocorrected to wildlife from wildlor - oops

Comment

Raquette River lean to's # 7 and 8

Comment

Trout Pond (again)

And just a little ways up the Red Horse, here is the Salmon Lake lean to...notice anything missing?

Here is Cedar Lakes lean to #3 and leaning to #1

Comment

Originally posted by stripperguy View Post
                    ....here is the Salmon Lake lean to...notice anything missing?
                    I notice a large tree missing.

Comment

How long has Salmon Lake been gone for? It's been at least 10 years, hasn't it? Yet National Geographic still shows the lean-to on their TI map, even on the newest editions.

Ah, well. At least the new editions only show 1 phantom non-existent lean-to (the first edition showed 2).

Comment

Originally posted by DSettahr View Post
                        How long has Salmon Lake been gone for? It's been at least 10 years, hasn't it?
                        I'd say well over 10 years for sure.
                        "Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by Wldrns View Post
                          I'd say well over 10 years for sure.
                          Any idea why that lean-to is no longer there?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
                            Any idea why that lean-to is no longer there?
                            Some careless fool burned it down. The charred remains were there for some time afterward, long gone now.
                            "Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by Wldrns View Post
                              Some careless fool burned it down. The charred remains were there for some time afterward, long gone now.
                              Well that's a shame!
                              Who knows, perhaps it was the same careless fool that cut down that tree, which will be visible for many years to come.
                              Last edited by Justin; 12-12-2014, 06:34 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

That photo is from the summer of 2010...other than the fireplace, there was nary of shred of evidence that a lean to ever stood there. When we traveled through there, and studied the maps in advance, we actually planned tostay at that lean to. Imagine our surprise when we got there with full packs and canoes overhead!!

Comment

Working...
                                X