Thread: Marcy tomorrow
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 10:54 PM   #8
mohawk
chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhart77 View Post
Mohawk Chief - I appreciate you taking the time to read my post. What I was looking for was what I've generally found on this forum - good, nice people who want to help each other out. Unfortunately I don't get up there as often as I'd like to, and you can google and read all you want and it doesn't beat real hands on experience.
I am not a nice person, and I would hesitate to offer any advice to those who do not take their time to spend at least a few hours reading reports on their interested hikes. Marcy? For crying out loud, there are hundreds of trip reports written by many hikers over the years searchable on the internet. Some of those reports have links to these forums.

I, for one, spent days reading and planning every one of my hikes. I hiked all 46 without asking a single question. The planning is the best and the most fun part of any hikes.

When someone asks, "Where to park? When to get there? Which trail to take?," that really irks me. I figure if a hiker is not willing to spend time for research, I sure won't spend my precious time replying. But if you have exhausted all of your outlets for answers, I will spend my time to offer you my best advice. It's all give and take, buddy!