Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2021, 01:23 PM   #1
BobF

North River-13th Lake Area

Hi All,

I'm new to the site and way downstate and enjoy going to this site every day. The info and help when a question is asked makes it even better.
Anyway, I will be up in the 13th Lake area for a couple of weeks beginning on Saturday. I hope to get a pass from the boss and few days of fishing in. I'll have a 4 wgt. and 5/6 wgt. fly and a light spinning tackle (6-8 lb. test). We came up last year for the first time and didn't fish the lake due to input from a couple of people. I did get over to Pack Lake with my kayak and had a lot fun with some bass and pickerel. That being said - any thoughts or suggestions?
Is there enough water in streams up north to search for brookies? Worth wading the Hudson River? Ponds that might be worth a visit - I'm will to put in a hike, but will have to shore fish. Please just send general info - not asking for anyone's sweet spot. Thanks in advance, and by the way - a good bar for post fishing would be appreciated Thanks again. Bob
BobF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 02:47 PM   #2
JimVroman

Why did you dismiss I3th Lake??
JimVroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:55 PM   #3
BobF

North River - 13th Lake Area

Hi Jim,

My understanding is you need a boat and fish are down deep now and should troll.

I'm not equipped for that.

Bob
Old 08-31-2021, 08:34 PM   #4
Buckladd

Maybe go to Minerva, hike into Blue Ledge, fish the Hudson, visit Sporty's Iron Duke Saloon.
Old 08-31-2021, 09:25 PM   #5
BobF

Thanks Buck. Looks good.