Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Adirondack Wildlife
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 11:58 PM   #381
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaute View Post
There is no "Ostrich Theory" when it comes to the Scientific Method. The Scientific Method is an objective philosophy used to turn the unknown into the known. The Scientific Method is not influenced by emotion, opinion, belief, personal experience, etc. - that's the beauty of it. The Scientific Method does not care if Bigfoot or extra-terrestrial life exists or not, it's merely a philosophy used to try and understand that which we don't know. The argument that people are un-objective and may influence attempts to employ the Scientific Method certainly have merit. That's why it's critical that the steps of the Scientific Method be followed exactingly and be reproducible by others.
Thanks for stating your opinion. However, the "scientific method" becomes a moot point when direct evidence is revealed through personal experience. Yes, I have had this personal experience and know other people who follow scientific principles who have also experienced this phenomena for themselves. However, we do NOT have an agenda which tries to prove what we already know. We have no interest in that which may seem "selfish" because we are far beyond that. So, it is with a little "tongue in cheek" that I propose the "Ostrich Theory" I wish you well in your methods of discovery.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:06 AM   #382
Buckladd

The can of worms is open! I've said many times, I've never seen anything I can't explain, but I know many reputable people who have.

My dad and uncle once saw something strange fly down Thirteenth Lake one night in the 1960s. They did not surmise it was aliens, but leaned more towards experimental aircraft out of Plattsburgh Air Force base.

As for Squatch, here's a great Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcas...m/id1497981883
Old 07-04-2021, 08:04 AM   #383
Wldrns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultzz View Post
Paul,
I have much respect for you and admire your accomplishments, so I am not going to belittle you in any way. But MY experience has been different. I know some things that you do not because I have experienced some different things which you have not. Our government lies to us a great deal. They know much more than they tell us. You could use an imagination in very creative ways and you wouldn't be far from what really does happen. I happen to be in a position to know some things that most people do not know and I am willing to share them with you through PM if you are interested. Whether you are or not I wish you Peace and Goodness.
Escuse me, I do not assume or need to be told that you, or by anyone else here knows more than I because of some special experiences. Not in public or in private. We all have different experiences, and I certainly have different experiences and knowledge than you with the positions I have held and trust I have earned within the governement and elsewhere in my public circles. Do not assume that I have less valuable or less worthy working knowledge than anyone else, be it in or out of government. Projects I have worked on and led to fruition could be veiwed by some as from creative imaginations in ways that few could believe.

Yes, the "government lies to us". Even parts of government with a reputation of high trust (after all, 'we the people" are the governement). Partly it is the nature of having a secure society overall, as you undoubtly know. Partly it is to perserve $billions and years of investment to keep critical information and capabilities safely on "our side". I have had to lie about development and capabilities of projects under my belt in my years of service. Partly it is what every politician does, pasrticularly when makiing promises to gain office or power. That doesn't make it always right especially when when lies are repeated over and over, such as by biased media, so much repeated that the lies become "truth" to the average citizen.
Old 07-04-2021, 12:54 PM   #384
backwoodsman

You know , I was wondering what happened to so many of the forum members who were around at the beginning of this thread . Now I understand where they went and why .
Closed Thread