Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > General Adirondack Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2016, 10:19 PM   #1
PaulK

Get out your aggression about winter 2016 here

You lousy, icy b__t__d! Bloody downstate gets 30" of f____n' snow and we get effin NOTHING! You dirty cheatin' s__t! I waxed my gd skis for weeks for you, you damn deadbeat winter! I ran my snowblower once, I snowshoed maybe twice in 6" of powder, you lyin' scoundrel. Where was the frikkin' Polar Vortrex you promised! Huh? Where was that Polar Vortrex? What kind of a friend are you, 2016 winter! Arrrrghhggghg!!!!!!!!

Phew, that felt good for the soul!
PaulK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 05:10 PM   #2

Looks like you may get a little reprieve mid next week according to the weather prognosticators.

“The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.” —Herbert Spencer

1894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:46 PM   #3
Prometheus
Adrift

After 38 winters between central and western NY; I think I kinda like this one for a change. Last year was brutal.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:29 PM   #4
MTVhike

Are you happy now?
MTVhike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:59 PM   #5
BillyGr

This weather isn't much good for anything! Not staying cold very long (like to establish a nice ice surface for those who want to go on lakes), too cold to do much while it's here and then warming back up.
I think people were looking more for snow and "regular" cold.
BillyGr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 07:14 PM   #6
mt.runner
always outside

Sorry...
I'm love'n it! Bushwhack anywhere easily on just microspikes and this weekend was the first time I've worn long underwear! Bring in a little less firewood everyday!!
I'm okay with it...
Old 02-14-2016, 08:24 PM   #7
Brookie hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt.runner View Post
Sorry...
I'm love'n it! Bushwhack anywhere easily on just microspikes and this weekend was the first time I've worn long underwear! Bring in a little less firewood everyday!!
I'm okay with it...
100% agree
Brookie hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:49 AM   #8
SeanE

I'm not loving it....snowboard trips delayed til deeper winter...this up and down temp swing we've experienced I don't enjoy. I'm a New England boy here in NY for 15 years now and I've com to grips with my sadism. I enjoy and NEED 4 seasons. I dread Nov and Feb the most. But I do appreciate a harsh winter and do find by late Feb I've had enough and begin dreaming of Spring. March teases and is like a sea saw. But when April comes it's heaven!

Not to mention April brings fishing and some hikes in the sun!
SeanE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:36 AM   #9
dmartenvt

The worst most awful winter, dear God it's been long and boring without a single, not one single snowstorm. Now I don't even want a huge March snowstorm, there's no base so what would be the damn point! F$;& u winter ba$;&(d . Now I have to sweat for moths waiting for you to come back. Flies and leeches and humidity, my tolerance is made possible only by solitude and whipping snowstorms in which I'm the only person in the world and my dogs come bounding towards me like great explorers from the Arctic. Curse you
dmartenvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:03 AM   #10
Wldrns

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmartenvt View Post
The worst most awful winter, dear God it's been long and boring without a single, not one single snowstorm.
You might want to move to lake effect snow country around Tug Hill. I had no less than three 30" events, with others of lesser amounts, all making my back deck look like the photo below. Once the fluffy stuff settled a little bit and a few inches of more dense snow fell on top shortly after, I had good opportunity to head out into the woods for for some fine skiing out my back door (after I had trudged through the first time to break trail).

But in between lake effect storms it is true that there were few snyoptic (general area) snow events, most didn't amount to very much, but at least the compressed LE snow provided a good base. Last year was horrible in that regard, since no base ever formed and waist high snow remained waist high and frequent additions always made for a lot of work to get through, whether with skis or snowshoes. But this year it is all done now, thin any remaining snow is only on north facing slopes of hills or under the cover of woods.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snow19Dec.jpg (78.0 KB, 123 views)
Old 04-17-2016, 10:30 PM   #11
dmartenvt

That photo of snow looks heavenly. I really missed it badly this year. Not just no snowshoes or skiing, but not a one of those lovely, windy nights watching the snowdrifts build while building up the fire
dmartenvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:19 PM   #12
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
After 38 winters between central and western NY; I think I kinda like this one for a change. Last year was brutal.
Amen.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:40 PM   #13

Not one bit of aggression here
I know it is not the Adirondacks , but was happy to see Syracuse NOT be in first place in this contest , 2 years running

http://goldensnowglobe.com/current-t...owiest-cities/

“The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.” —Herbert Spencer

1894 is offline   Reply With Quote