Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Trip Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2019, 02:21 PM   #21
Bark Eater Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby459 View Post
He should try calling Blue Mountain Lake Outfitters, their web site notes they rent and shuttle canoes. Benefit with them is that they are within 15 miles or so of Wakely, so it wouldnít be a fortune in transport if theyíll do it.
I regret to say I believe the Blue Mountain Lake Outfitters store is no more. Unless they moved to some undisclosed location. Went by there a month ago. The store is gone. Steamboat Landing still rents cottages.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:39 PM   #22
webby459

+1 BET, I actually stopped into their location and it's now kind of a cafe and maybe inn. Nice place, just not an outfitter!

I can say, I got kind of lucky and got site #1 on Blue Mountain Lake's Long Island about a week ago, an excellent site. Not a backcountry location like Cedar River Flow, but a good just-out-of-town experience.
webby459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:15 AM   #23
Bark Eater Too

There's a place that rents personal watercraft on the causeway at Long Lake. I think Pines Store in Indian Lake has limited rentals. I don't believe either transport.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:34 PM   #24
TrailBlaser

Thanks, he gave up on the CRF; he's heading to Little Tupper instead. Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:01 PM   #25
Crash

This past Friday night I camped at Cedar River Flow #5. Itís not the first time Iíve camped here. I remembered Justinís cool photo from last year's post (below) and was inspired to take a photo like Justin did, from behind the tent looking out toward the main part of the flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Nice!
I camped at that same spot a few years ago, during a very warm December weekend before Christmas, and also had the place to myself.

In the early evening, when the sun came out from behind the clouds, amazing colors popped out - I immediately started running around the campsite taking about a hundred photos. I have some to share including the one that recreates Justinís shot. It was such a beautiful day Ė I took a chance and slept with the rainfly off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0751.jpg (151.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0918.jpg (137.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0890.jpg (116.6 KB, 42 views)
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote