Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Adirondack Wildlife
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 07:51 PM   #301
serotonin
ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultzz View Post
I also believe that some people (possibly members here) have seen things that they do not wish to talk about for fear of ridicule.
If you offered Glen a couple bottles of high quality hooch, I'm rather certain that he would be willing to admit that he's been probed by ghosts, aliens and Bigfoot; while wearing pink crocs. I'm not sure who was wearing them. Just glad I wasn't there to witness it.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:16 PM   #302
Justin
Moving along

Sero is definitely from another world.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:53 PM   #303
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

"Well there's the ridicule for you." 10-4.

But I may have had it coming especially from Glen who's been lurking and waiting for just the right moment to get even with me. Ha Ha.

No Glen. I stopped drinking 25 years ago. Now you had better be careful what you say about cougars depending on the time frame in case your significant other is a lurker too!
Old 04-21-2015, 10:56 PM   #304
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

"probed"? That's a mighty obtuse expression. Perhaps we had better let that one slide.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:25 AM   #305
Glen
Check please

Quote:
Originally Posted by serotonin View Post
If you offered Glen a couple bottles of high quality hooch, I'm rather certain that he would be willing to admit that he's been probed by ghosts, aliens and Bigfoot; while wearing pink crocs. I'm not sure who was wearing them. Just glad I wasn't there to witness it.

Low quality hooch would probably work too....
Old 04-22-2015, 09:27 AM   #306
Glen
Check please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultzz View Post
"Well there's the ridicule for you." 10-4.

But I may have had it coming especially from Glen who's been lurking and waiting for just the right moment to get even with me. Ha Ha.

No Glen. I stopped drinking 25 years ago. Now you had better be careful what you say about cougars depending on the time frame in case your significant other is a lurker too!

Schultzz- All in fun. By the way, regarding my significant other, if you ever hear that I slipped and fell down the stairs to my demise, have the cops check for grease.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:36 AM   #307
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
Schultzz- All in fun. By the way, regarding my significant other, if you ever hear that I slipped and fell down the stairs to my demise, have the cops check for grease.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:16 PM   #308
Jackson

@Schulzz, I also have "something" in my house...bought the house over 10 years ago. Only my wife and I at the time, now we have a 7 year old. More than once we have heard footsteps upstairs walking across the room above us. We hear whispering, and talking from time to time, we see shadows and flashes/glimpses of what appear to be people, I saw a young girl one night standing in my bedroom. I have heard whispering in my ear, I heard once a woman's voice say "I don't know what to do". Our son is sometimes afraid to go play in the basement or even upstairs without one of us with him. He tells us he sees a man in the house. We will smell cigarette smoke but only in one room. None of us smoke. Whoever/whatever it is means us no harm, I don't think. There is no fear or feeling of being scared, I think whoever/whatever it is wants us to know they are there.
I met the previous homeowners (2 owners back from when we purchased the house) by chance, I mentioned nothing of the events, and they asked ME if we had heard/seen anything odd in the house and we told them about the occurrences, and we compared notes. They experienced the same things we are. These things still occur but not as often as before, I once yelled at "them" and told them to knock it off. These things still happen, just a little less frequently.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:26 PM   #309
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
I can tell you from talking to her that she's just waiting for nature to take it's course. Glen has already fallen out of a tree with a running chainsaw and had a near-death experience on the roof a day later.

Then there was the almost empty jetboil container he chucked on the campfire. I felt the concussive blast from that one a quarter of a mile away...

On none of these occasions did Sasquatch or aliens swing by with offers of help. Supernatural spirits may have been aroused, however. And Glen's wife did contact me recently, wondering wher she could obtain Darwin Award insurance.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:32 PM   #310

Not relating to bigfoot , but along the lines of " something happened " and not able to be explained by any current scientific or physical hard facts that are known .
My Dad and I had 2 .
The first one happened around 30 years ago , Dad and Mom were at camp , and I was a teenager at home near syracuse. This was before cell phones and there was no contact from here to there. I did something stupid and some how ,"something happened" , and I was able to walk away unscathed ( the car did not ) . A hundred miles away at camp , at the same time , my Dad had an "overwhelming feeling that something was way wrong at home and he needed to get home " . Very unusual for him , they had finished dinner and he had a beer before and one with dinner . He 1. would never drive home after even one beer. 2. After dinner mid week there was no reason to come home at that time , they had planned on coming home that weekend but it was Wednesday . They packed up and came home just because of that " somethings wrong , we have to go" feeling .

The 2nd time was a year and a half after he past away. I was at camp , hunting season . I was just moping around , missing him and thinking of all the stuff I should have done differently and feeling sorry for the time that I didn't share with him when I could have. Well that " over whelming feeling " came over me around 10 am one morning. Felt like it said " If you are going to hunt , get off your butt and get out there right NOW . Stop worrying about the past , get off your azz". I got my huntin' clothes on , looked at the gun rack, grabbed his rifle and headed out the door. Once outside I looked up and hoped he was happy with where he was now and really felt he was watching over me at the time. Then as I carried his rifle in the same area he had loved for well over 50 years , I just felt that he was walking beside me every step I took. I didn't walk very far and noticed tracks in the fresh snow crossing the trail from right to left , I paused and then kept walking up the trail. 50 more yards up the trail the bear that had left the tracks was crossing the trail from left to right just in front of me. I shouldered the rifle , front sight on the bear but a million questions running through my head . Do I want to harvest a bear ? Will the meat be good ? Will the .35 rem make a clean kill ? Are there any cubs ? Can I drag it back to camp if I kill it ? etc etc etc . Out of the blue , my front sight on target still as the bear has taken 5 or 6 steps and just walking along , I heard " Well Dangit If you are going to shoot , then SHOOT " Clear as if he was standing next to me and speaking loudly ! I pulled the trigger , made a good shot , and had a pretty easy drag down hill on the melting couple of inches of snow back to camp. And yes the meat was very good.
I'm not sure if or how any contacts like these 3 can happen , but for me any way , I believe that there are some things that just cannot be explained by our current science , physics , or any hard facts that we know at this time.
Ridicule away .

“The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.” —Herbert Spencer

Old 04-22-2015, 05:59 PM   #311
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1894 View Post
Ridicule away .
Great story. Nothing to ridicule there. There's a long history across all cultures of feeling the presence of ancestors.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:09 PM   #312
Buckladd

1894, your story sounds familiar. Although I’ve never experienced anything I can’t explain I sometimes feel a unique outdoor related connection to my deceased father.

I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve seen turkeys near my home, which is a bummer because I love turkey hunting and often have to drive a bit to enjoy it. My dad died of cancer in 1994 and I got married in 1995. The morning of my wedding my mom’s cousin who lived in the south and was dying of cancer at the time called to wish me well. When we were talking an entire flock of turkeys walked through my yard. A lot of us in the family just thought that was more than coincidental.

A few years back my wife and her sisters took their mom to a psychic some two hours away from where we live. She just loved that stuff. Somehow, without any prior information at all, there was a connection through them with me and my father that was all too familiar to be just a coincidence. They said it dominated the session. It was uplifting to hear, for sure. Somehow the fact that I had restored his old snowmobile and that I was going on a moose hunt in NewFoundland came out of the session. There was also something about a light that he wanted me to fix but we still haven't figured that one out. Really strange!
Old 07-07-2015, 06:38 AM   #313
Buckladd

I just got this email from Paul Bartholomew, the Bigfoot researcher from Whitehall:

The Whitehall "Finding Bigfoot" episode will debut on Animal Planet Sunday, July 12, 2015 from 10:04 PM to 11:05 PM. *The episode will repeat after Midnight (technically Monday morning) from 1:08 AM to 2:08 AM, then again from 5:00 AM to 6:00 AM.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:49 PM   #314
producer

This show is terrible.... But that doesn't keep me from watching fairly often. Not just in this show, but in general, every now and then you hear a compelling story, see a compelling piece of video or a photo, but there never is enough concrete evidence to truly convince me, and I assume a vast majority of the public too. That said, it was interesting to see the episode about a nearby location, thanks for pointing it out
Old 07-14-2015, 04:06 PM   #315
Hard Scrabble

Something stole my trout at the Split Rock leanto on Pharaoh!
Had to be bigfoot!!!!
There was a terrible smell, but it may have been my fishing partner, he was known for that!
Jim
Old 01-02-2016, 07:18 PM   #316
Boreal Fox
Moss Hopper

I think we should all consider that this species, if it exists, has been here so long and has existed in harmony with nature, having learned to adapt or tune almost perfectly to this planet. In doing so, they have mastered some psychic and telekinetic abilities along the way given they don't have the technological distractions we do where we are unable to do the same. Weighing hundreds of pounds, yet can walk silently. Prints may remain due to error or occasional clumsiness or even sometimes by intent, but many could walk without leaving them as well. Perhaps they mastered a form of mild levitation whilst still succumbing to gravity's constant pull. They could perhaps create projections or illusions which help them evade sight. They could know where an intruder in their area is thanks to the ability to perceive their thoughts, or hear them make noise, breathe, cough, or break a branch from a mile away if paying attention.

Physically they can have other advantages despite their size. All this combined would allow them to avoid being seen by most people unless they want to or make a major mistake. They could also regulate their body temperature so well that technology would have to be created to detect them which would work best at close range.

Deep in our forests (and the ADKs could perhaps have potential in certain areas, although the northern Catskills has a much greater cavern network)) are perhaps many many caves humans haven't explored, at least not recently, and many tunnels within these caves..kind of like swiss cheese in the crust of the planet. If that's the case, there would be nothing to stop them from having their own underground living places and perhaps tribes.

They probably like humans but fear them, which makes sense given the past we have of hunting down to kill or capture anything with a pulse. They are probably not a missing link in our evolution. Most likely this is a species much older than our current version of human which has probably been tinkered with given new findings about our DNA

At one time they probably lived out in the open, forming their own types of independent tribes...each tribe following their own path and having developed along their own path while adapting to other activities on the planet for hundreds of thousands of years. This could make different groups very different and perhaps why several names exist for this species throughout the world.

If you have encountered one of them before, this is one secret worth keeping for now. We are still not mature enough to properly deal with them, which is unfortunate what that's the way it is right now.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:28 AM   #317
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

Boreal Fox,

There may be more truth to what you relate than you know.... unless you really do know.

I am not sure the rest of the world is ready for such large doses of "reality" and most likely will never be. Folks use your imagination then double or triple that and then you may be ready to hear what governments like to hide from homo sapiens. If one alludes to "certain facts"" then their sanity is immediately questioned and often mocked because any consideration for life other than as we have known it shatters our emotional security. It bothers too many people and "rubs" their rhubarb the wrong way. But your Ideas are refreshing and certainly not impossible.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:15 PM   #318
JW

One question- how many millions of game cams have been manufactured in the last 30 years?
Old 01-04-2016, 11:52 AM   #319
Justin
Moving along

Ah yes, my never ending Bigfoot thread.
Thanks to all for the 16+ pages and 10 years of responses!
Any objections if I finally delete this ridiculous discussion?

Last edited by Justin; 01-04-2016 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: Now 16+ pages
Old 01-04-2016, 12:10 PM   #320
Beeblesticks

Why would you want to delete a thread like this?

Forums are like eco systems that are at their best when left alone. Let the ivy creep and leave the old logs rot.
Closed Thread