No announcement yet.

Remote Adirondack hunting & hunting pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am covered up with deer and people here in Pennsylvania. I head to the ADK for the chance to track bucks, shoot a monster, (6 years no buck yet). I have see one, drug out 4, tracked two for 3 hours and eventually one ran into my friend who dropped him (one of the three I drug). I love it. I only get 3 days of hunting per year but they are the best. I have only see 1 hunter in 6 years that wasn't with us. It's my time to test myself. I hunt with men that grew up there. They keep saying it's only a matter of time and I'm doing it right. If I only had a week to hunt. Seems like we just start to find the sign and figure them out when we have to pack up and go home. There is no place I would rather hunt then in the Adirondacks "for whitetails". We walk back in a long ways. sometimes 3 miles then hunt our way back. the spots are there.. Best of luck

CP

Comment

Originally posted by Stillhunter View Post
      I am not sure there is one area or areas that have the lowest hunting pressure but I have found that the areas I hunt have very little pressure if you get back in a mile or two and start hunting from there. Most hunters will hunt within a mile or less of where they park. The number of hunters beyond a mile in drops significantly and two miles even more regardless of which wilderness area or wild forest. I hunt the central and west central Adirondacks.
      What he said.

Comment

Saw a nice 8 point buck two days ago on Rt 28 (the part not repaved yet) but it was a small deer. Haven't seen many big deer so far. It was a rough Winter for them.
        Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

Originally posted by mgc View Post
          Being from the North Country, we have our own ways of doing things.
          On a perfect day we hope to sit no more than a few hours and make it to "the Timber" by noon. We appreciate the downstaters and out of staters stomping the deep woods to push the deer out.
          Just gonna send it....

Don't know why, but that picture reminded me of Larry the Enticer.

Comment

Working...
          X