Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
marzrw

Closing Time...

Closing Time...or.... WB and Buffy do it again

Yeah, Sero once said, "What's Closing Time?"

According to the NYS regs, many streams are open past October 15th, but most streams in the great state of New York close today and the clock was ticking...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAS-pvQ06s4

I estimated I would have about 1 1/2 hours of daylight.

The 1st bow took a Buffy Special...And you can check the time and date on my Timex...

I had a few more hits and then all hell broke loose when another bow tried to demolish a WB Peacock Wonder....

So...is it really "Closing Time?"

Old 10-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
Gray Ghost
46er#6729

Yeah, Marz!
Gray Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
randomscooter
Native Earthling

Are you sayin' that I shouldn't have kept at it until midnight last night?

"Pushing the limits of easy."™
randomscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
wildbrookies

I guess great minds think alike!! I knew the end was near ,so instead of sleeping in before work, I decided to get up and spend a few hours with my finny friends and to be in their world one last time!!

Unshaven and tired but, still happy!! Glad to see one up close and personal before I stash all the gear away...you see, muzzleloading season opens saturday up North and I need to be there!! ...so, I was glad to spend some waning minutes with my finny friends,just hope they winter over well and hope to see more of them next year!! Hope you all got out to enjoy it one last time!! The smells of the woods ,the cool temps,no bugs,no people!!Gotta love it!!

So glad my brother fit in one last outing before the door closed!! And was successful too!! And Buffy will be glad to hear she was involved!!LOL!! I lost yet a second bow after it went airborne and spit the Buffy Special back at me!! Must`ve did not like the flavor of dog!! Tough year for me,broken rod,broken tippets and lost dandies ,but still no "Broken Heart"!! Til next year guys/gals!!

WB

p.s..if I know my brother at all, I have a feeling his window is still slightly open to do battle with a few more before he calls it quits!!Keep us posted!!
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton

Last edited by wildbrookies; 10-16-2013 at 04:39 PM..
wildbrookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Nicely done! What a great way to end the regular season.
So now it's time to start thinking about cold, bright steel. Those fish that tail-walk across the river just to spit your fly back in your face. Steelhead that pop leaders like they were spider webs. That season. Is this the year we finally meet up to do battle with them???
Old 10-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
wildbrookies

Not looking too good this year...running out of vacation time...hate fishing the weekends up there also...like taking time off in the middle of the week and staying up there a few nights...also, promised myself to get out in the mountains up north amongst the deer more and hunting the weekends are too bad up north. So, VT, sorry,going to have to work harder at saving vacation time next year for a few runs at those silver bullets..you`ll have to go get them without me ..but I do miss `em!!...is it me or have the amount of steelheaders increased the past 5 -6 years or so up there??? Thanks for the invite again, good luck to you guys when you go ,take alot of steelie photos!! They are always the next best thing to being there!!
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
Old 09-23-2021, 11:58 PM   #7
wildbrookies

Miss these days…
Old 09-24-2021, 10:38 PM   #8
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbrookies View Post
Miss these days…
Me, too, WB!!! Thanks to you my boys cut their teeth on big fish from that section of river. Now they've left the homestead. Ross just sent me a picture of a Rogue River steelhead he caught on a whitewater rafting trip he guided. Thomas tells me tales of educated, leader-popping rainbows on Silver Creek in Idaho. Miss those days and my lads.
Old 10-03-2021, 09:44 PM   #9
wildbrookies

VT, I’m sorry I helped in setting the flyfishing hook alittle deeper into your boys. You have done a terrific job in raising 2 fine young men. Glad to hear they still are hooked like a trout on flyfishing They are following in your footprints and carrying on your legacy. You must be a very proud father! I’ll try to stop in here from time to time again. I miss our chatter. WB .
Old 10-16-2021, 07:12 PM   #10
Jwojcik1990

Got into a couple nice ones on the last two days of the season.

Jwojcik1990 is offline   Reply With Quote