Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
Buckeye Chuck

trapping

Im interested in going to the Adirondacks to beaver trap this winter. Any sugestions on where to go? Do many guys trap there? - Thanks! - Charlie
Buckeye Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #2
Limekiln

There are lot's of beavers around right now. I'd look on Google Earth for big swales on State Land. Those swales were originally created by beavers and each one likely holds a few.

Just make sure you are not stepping on anyone's toes by trapping their area.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
Buckeye Chuck

Yeah ive looked at those maps. They are a couple of years old though. Im looking at going way in on the 5 ponds wilderness area up the oswegatchie river. I dont want to bother anyone else. Is it any good up there?
Buckeye Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
adkman12986

Also check with the large land and lumber companies. There are lots of hunting clubs looking for someone to trap beavers that plug up the colverts on their roads.
adkman12986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #5
Pumpkin QAAD
Whachu talking about

There's no beaver the cougar ate em all up!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #6
bobadkhunter

Chuck, I've trapped Near Little Tupper Lake area the past 4 seasons and have caught approximately 50 odd beaver, cuople otter and a handful of rats and mink. I would guess you would do well in the 5 ponds wilderness area , but don't be surprised if other trappers are in there. Good luck.
Bob
bobadkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote