Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > Outdoors Related Discussion > Other Places
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2003, 07:31 PM   #1
rondak100
Mike

Grafton Lakes SP

I was out Snowsjoeing around Grafton Yesterday and today. The snow is perfect for it. Trails are nice, many are mainly unbroken and there is a lot of snowmobile trail. Nice off-trail shoeing to be had. The lakes are designated "thin/dangerous" ; does they ever take these signs down.

Mike
rondak100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 10:48 PM   #2
Jeff

I grew up in Grafton. I know a lot of places to hike up and around the area. Did a lot when I was a kid. Took a lot for granted then. It was all natural for me to be out in the woods.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 07:17 PM   #3
mink319

If you liked Grafton Lakes SP try out Cherry Plain WMA and Cherry Plain SP a little to the south. Very nice area with lots of unplowed old logging roads and bogs.
mink319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:29 PM   #4
Jeff

Was going to go snow shoe up around the Grafton Lakes area a few weekends ago and got sidetracked and ended up going to Dyken Pond instead. Was a fun snowshoe. Did a portion of the Long Trail which is probably very pretty in the "greener" months.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:49 PM   #5
fvrwld

Grafton topo map

There will soon be a topo map available for the Grafton trails and the Pittstown State forest trails. There is a copy at the Grafton park office and will be available for sale soon($2/copy)...no utm's on it though.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:00 PM   #6
Emily

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrwld
There will soon be a topo map available for the Grafton trails and the Pittstown State forest trails. There is a copy at the Grafton park office and will be available for sale soon($2/copy)...no utm's on it though.
Do you know if it's available yet and when the office hours are? I can walk there...
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:19 PM   #7
fvrwld

I have't been out there in a while but it should be available now. I'm not sure about the office hours