Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > General Forum Related Topics > Forum News and Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2022, 11:14 AM   #21
BobF

Great news. Thanks so much for getting this back on.
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 10:14 AM   #22
richard1726

Agreed much better than FB?
richard1726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 04:21 PM   #23
MTVhike

Why does this forum look so different from the High Peaks forum? I actually like this one better (format, not content).
MTVhike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 07:25 PM   #24
Bunchberry

I am a very shallow person so I like the like button in the High Peaks Forum so I like how that website functions better. But I really like all the old school Adirondacky people on this forum. Like I don't hunt or fish but I real all those posts. And when I retire I want to buy a backpacking canoe so I read the canoe stuff too.
Bunchberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 03:55 AM   #25
Craig
aka NumNum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVhike View Post
Why does this forum look so different from the High Peaks forum? I actually like this one better (format, not content).
It's just the older format. When the new version was released, there was A LOT of pushback from many customers about the style. I think both versions have some excellent features, and both have drawbacks. If someone was to spend A LOT of time tweaking the software, the new could look closer to the old, but why. Change is good sometimes.
If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose has been fulfilled.
Red Skelton
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 03:58 AM   #26
Craig
aka NumNum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunchberry View Post
I am a very shallow person so I like the like button in the High Peaks Forum so I like how that website functions better. But I really like all the old school Adirondacky people on this forum. Like I don't hunt or fish but I real all those posts. And when I retire I want to buy a backpacking canoe so I read the canoe stuff too.
It would be nice if both databases could be merged into one, then we would be one big happy family.
If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose has been fulfilled.
Red Skelton
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 07:08 AM   #27
DSettahr
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

I'm not a big fan of the nested conversations on ADKHighPeaks. That format is ok for a site like Reddit, where each post takes up a fraction of the the screen space and it's easier to navigate between different threads shown on the same screen. But on ADKHighPeaks, where posts take up a lot more vertical screen space, it means a lot of scrolling up/down if you want to keep up with the different individual conversations taking place as a thread evolves and more folks contribute to it.
DSettahr is offline   Reply With Quote