Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice site RedHawk! You have something for everyone and looks like meals in the woods can be quite gourmet. I'm looking forward to trying them. I kind of liked the lake with the ripple effect.
    In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. John Muir

Comment

Product List updated

The product descriptions of the trail food on the website have been updated to include pack weight.

Hawk
      "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

Just added five new meals. 3 lasagnas, Linguini with Mushroom Sauce and pasta Genovese.

Hawk
        "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

My mouth is watering...

Every time I look at your catalog, my mouth starts watering. Even though I'm no longer backpacking, I may have to order some ot your food to eat at home!
          http://booksforhikers.com

Comment

Originally posted by eArThworm View Post
            Every time I look at your catalog, my mouth starts watering. Even though I'm no longer backpacking, I may have to order some ot your food to eat at home!
            How come no more backpacking?

I've used some of the Tupelo Honey you gifted me in a couple of the Hawk Vittles.

How's things in Florida? Is the state still burning up?

I do have a customer that orders the food for meals at home!!

Hawk

Comment

Get your orders in......

I will be gone from Aug 22-29th. I'll be in Washington State.

Anyone planning on ordering Hawk Vittles trail food for the last couple of weeks in August and early September should get them in as soon as possible to ensure delivery.

Hawk

Comment

Your own forum! How exciting. Biz sounds good.

So who is going to moderate the moderator?
                Let there be peace on earth and good will toward all.

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."

William Shakespeare

Comment

Originally posted by Little Rickie View Post
                  Your own forum! How exciting. Biz sounds good.

So who is going to moderate the moderator?
                  Since it's "strictly business" there really shouldn't be anything controversial, I think I can keep myself reined in.

I'll just delete the occsaional "Hawk is an A**h**e" post" and send my dark minions to do my dirty work.

I've got something going in my favor now. One of my NPT shuttle clients said I reminded him of Pauly Walnuts, one of the characters on the Sopranos, so I'll just send over a few of the boys.......

As for business being good, yes it is thanks to customers like yourself spreading the word.

Hawk

Comment

Nice site Redhawk.

Comment

Very good food

Spent the weekend at the north end of Raquette Lake, got to try the southwestern chili, breakfast casserole, stir fry salmon and black bean stew. All are winners. We split all the meals in half and that was plenty for two people. Convenient, light, a cinch to prepare, great taste, makes me glad I tried them, will be ordering again for my next trip in two weeks.
                      Sitting quietly, doing nothing, spring
                      comes and the grass grows by itself.

Zen Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by whitefoot View Post
                        Nice site Redhawk.
                        Thanks. Took awhile. My HTML skills hadn't been tweaked in about three years so it was like learning all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Starshadow View Post
                          Spent the weekend at the north end of Raquette Lake, got to try the southwestern chili, breakfast casserole, stir fry salmon and black bean stew. All are winners. We split all the meals in half and that was plenty for two people. Convenient, light, a cinch to prepare, great taste, makes me glad I tried them, will be ordering again for my next trip in two weeks.
                          Thanks for the good PR!

If you are going to need an order in two weeks, it will be best to get it in no later then the 13th (Monday) to ensure delivery. I anticipate some other orders in the same time frame and Tuesday will be my last trip into town for fresh ingredients before I leave for my trip.

Thanks again,
                          Hawk

Comment

I know the forum is down. I made a stupid mistake and wiped out the database, so for the time being, no forum.

My priority is the new shopping cart that will do a much better job figuring the shipping so it's fairer for everyone, as well as give me a few more options to do things.
                            Since that's all new to me, I'll be at it for a while before I switch from the current system and therefore i will not be in any rush to get a forum back up and running.

As of this moment, Hawk Vittles will not be preparing or shipping any new orders until after September 1st.

I do have a few meals in stock, so if anyone really needs something email or PM me and I'll give you a list of what I have.

Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk View Post
                              How come no more backpacking?
                              I've used some of the Tupelo Honey you gifted me in a couple of the Hawk Vittles.
                              How's things in Florida? Is the state still burning up?
                              I do have a customer that orders the food for meals at home!!
                              Hawk
                              Oops, I forgot I hadn't answered all these questions. So here goes. My feet and back got too bad off. I backpacked a short piece of the Florida Trail (read FLAT) in February and the pain was awful. Got home and couldn't move for about 3 days. Looks like dayhiking is IT for the future. Glad you could put the honey to a good money-making use. The fires are out for now. I can't believe we haven't had more, considering how bad the drought has been, for so long. Lastly, the meals arrived just today. Now I'm waiting for a good hurricane with accompanying power outage, so I can get out the propane stove and have me some Hawk Vittles while other people are eating slop out of cans.
                              http://booksforhikers.com

Comment

Originally posted by eArThworm View Post
                                Now I'm waiting for a good hurricane with accompanying power outage, so I can get out the propane stove and have me some Hawk Vittles while other people are eating slop out of cans.
                                Just don't let FEMA get anywhere near the Hawk Vittles. I don't want em messed up!!

Comment

Working...
                                X