• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Little Rickie View Post
    How many ozs are the jerky packages?

Smoked bison summer sussage?
    "Pack Weight: 4 oz"

The bison summer sausage would be a must-try for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Little Rickie View Post
      How many ozs are the jerky packages?

Smoked bison summer sussage?
      I don't have ANY "Sussage" recipes.

Doubt if I'll be making any sussage. It's labor intensive as well as requiring some appliances.

I'm thinking along the lines of Bison Chili, for example. or maybe "Sioux Pasta" which would be similar to the Cowboy Pasta, xcept with bison instead of beef.

I'll probably only do the stew first and see the demand for it since i think the product cost will be up there with the seafood meals.

Hawk
      "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

Please note that from May 29th - June 18th I will be on vacation and no orders will be filled during that period.

If you are going to be needing any Hawk Vittles for that time period, please get your orders in eraly.

Thanks
        Hawk
        "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

Where the Buffalo roam

I have currently added two new items to the product list:

Bison Stew &
          Buffalo Pasta.

Bison meat is leaner and healthier then beef.

Hawk

Comment

Just a reminder:

This Friday, May 23rd is the cut off date for Hawk Vittles orders until I return from my Western Trip in June.

I will start taking orders again on the 22nd of June.

Thanks,
            Hawk

Comment

Have a great trip.
              "Lead by Example, Follow by Choice"

Comment

Welcome back hawk .

[this is for when he gets back ]

Comment

Just a note folks.

I will be on vacation (Again!! addicted to hiking) doing the NPT and then attending Doug and Donna's 20th Wedding Anniversary in New jersey.

So I won't be cooking/shipping any hawk vittles between Aug 15th through August 30th. If you want any vittles for those dates, best get your orders in now.

I'm working on having someone handle things in the future when i go away, but haven't had enough time to sufficiently train them.

Thanks,
                  Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk View Post
                    Just a note folks.

I'm working on having someone handle things in the future when i go away, but haven't had enough time to sufficiently train them.

Thanks,
                    Hawk
                    Does this mean there soon will be a Hawks Vittles Culinary Institute?
                    "There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us, And the Wild is calling, calling . . . let us go." -from "The Call of the Wild" by Robert Service

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal

Comment

• All I know is I had some for my trip 2 weeks ago and they were awesome. Although, next time I will divide the potions in half cuz they are to big for one meal! I can make 2 meals out of one.

Thanks Hawk!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1ADAM12 View Post
                        All I know is I had some for my trip 2 weeks ago and they were awesome. Although, next time I will divide the potions in half cuz they are to big for one meal! I can make 2 meals out of one.

Thanks Hawk!
                        Adam, Those ARE 2 Servings per package!!

Thanks for the Kudos

Comment

• Originally posted by redhawk View Post
                          Adam, Those ARE 2 Servings per package!!

Thanks for the Kudos

No prob! I will be ordering more in the future and will definately give you a heads up so you can make some for me. This past time I gave you pretty short notice so I took what you had in stock

Thanks again!

Adam

Comment

• Ok I basically shut down new orders last friday because I was swamped nd wanted to be sure that I got everything shipped that I already had committed to.

I shipped the last two big orders today and I do have some stock.

So if anyone was hoping to get some vittles in the next couple of weeks, email me and I'll let you know what's on hand. If I get the order in today or tomorrow, I can ship before I leave.

Hawk

Comment

• your going on vacation again?

Comment

• is this the thruhike the forum folk have been planning?
                                He found himself wondering at times, especially in the autumn, about the wild lands, and strange visions of mountains that he had never seen came into his dreams.

Comment

Working...
                                X