Reading Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading Light

With the longer hours of darkness and a six hour sleep cycle I find passing time at night while camping is more tedious/boring and enjoy a good read. I currently use a led headlamp but it doesn't seem that comfortable or adequate after a few minutes. I'm interested in hearing from others on what type of reading light (bulb type, lumens, brand, model etc.) works best. I canoe camp as well as camp at drive up primitive sites so weight and bulk is not that critical.

Originally posted by aft paddle View Post
    With the longer hours of darkness and a six hour sleep cycle I find passing time at night while camping is more tedious/boring and enjoy a good read. I currently use a led headlamp but it doesn't seem that comfortable or adequate after a few minutes. I'm interested in hearing from others on what type of reading light (bulb type, lumens, brand, model etc.) works best. I canoe camp as well as camp at drive up primitive sites so weight and bulk is not that critical.
    I use one of these when canoe camping. I have its baby brother for backpacking. http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en_...2ULWTALL1.html

Comment

Try a Kindle Paperwhite -no need for a supplemental light
      Woodspirit

Comment

"With the longer hours of darkness and a six hour sleep cycle I find passing time at night while camping is more tedious/boring..."

Maybe try listening to a story on a CD or flash drive or ear buds and your smart phone. I'll bet you won't last ten minutes before you fall asleep.
        Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

I've seen these new inflatable lights, it's got a solar cell on 1 side and it's a clear/milky plastic ball about the size of a grapefruit. Apparently the light isn't harsh at all, and the charge lasts for days.

http://edthesmokebeard.com/

Comment

I have this and I really like it. It's very bright for its size, but it also has a dimming feature. I hang it in the top of my tent/leanto to read with. It was $20 at Cabela's.

Comment

I use these,they work great and are very affordable

Found on amazon

Etekcity
              4.7 out of 5 stars 2,912 Reviews
              Etekcity 2 Pack Portable Outdoor LED Camping Lantern with 6 AA Batteries (Black, Collapsible)

Comment

Try one of these:

A little hard to pack in, uses a LOT of batteries, but by golly, you'll be able to read!

Remember, carry in, carry out!
                Attached Files

Comment

I found some hats similar to this for 5$ each. one click is 2 low beam pointed good for reading , 2nd click is 2 beams from the front of the brim for distance , a 3rd click turns all 4 lights on . Buy a 6-pack box of duracell batteries from amazon and you have a handy light.
                  Phil

“The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.” —Herbert Spencer

Comment

Sweet Sara!

Thanks.

Great to see females using this site. Welcome Ladies!
                    Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

Remember, carry in, carry out!

And Carry On!

Comment

Working...
                      X