X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I was posting misinformation.
    mike

Comment

Forked is a good bass lake. Can't say I've ever gone after or caught walleyes there but a friend of mine caught some small salmon in the river once on a camping trip. If you're tossing top-water, a crankbait or wacky-rigged rubber worm, I think that constitute's "targeting" if an ECO wants to press the issue. If you're trolling a Rapalla, maybe not? A better bet might be to drive down to the carry into Raquette Lake give the brook trout a try on chairrock's suggested lure (above). Or, come back to Forked after bass season opens.
      Life's short, hunt hard!

Comment

Hey, if Bluegill aren't still spawning your son can have a lot of fun using a worm or salmon egg. Aside from some restrictions, just getting some experience is a great teacher.
        Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

Just a worm and a bobber will catch a lot of fish...just make sure everyone is having fun and not making it a job....enjoy

Comment

Well, that didn't take long. Hadn't even finished unloading the canoe and he was yelling to me that he got one. Luckily I had already flattened the barbs so he was able to get it off the hook no problem. Snapped a pic and sent it on its way. He caught another one about the same size towards the end of the trip and he insisted that it was a largemouth instead of a smallmouth, but I didn't see it. Other than those two he mostly caught a bunch of other little stuff fishing from the canoe with my brother-in-law.
            Attached Files

Comment

Also, any idea why images don't seem to rotate the way they should

Comment

Originally posted by Buckladd View Post
                Forked is a good bass lake. Can't say I've ever gone after or caught walleyes there but a friend of mine caught some small salmon in the river once on a camping trip.
                A couple years ago I was there on a Dads-n-daughters trip and one of the other guys caught a good size walleye. We cooked it up and added it to our taco bags for dinner and with the Spanish rice and seasoning it was fantastic.

Comment

I fished Forked on memorial day weekend this year. I was using a panther martin, spoons and a small swimbait on a jig head. I was trying to catch trout in shallows, deeper areas and even some moving water coming into Forked. All I caught was Smallmouth and Largemouth bass.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKawfey View Post
                    A couple years ago I was there on a Dads-n-daughters trip and one of the other guys caught a good size walleye. We cooked it up and added it to our taco bags for dinner and with the Spanish rice and seasoning it was fantastic.
                    I wouldn't be surprised to catch a walleye in Forked Lake.
                    It's part of the Raquette River chain and it's possible for a walleye to make it up over Buttermilk Falls

Comment

Working...
                    X