Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2020, 07:00 AM   #1
vtpaws

To get you dreaming of Brookies...

We are getting closer to the opening of trout season and ice out, so I thought I would inspire you with some GoPro footage of some big old footballs in our pond in Vermont. This was shot yesterday. Happy Spring - and stay safe.

https://youtu.be/0cZFln0qons
vtpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:22 AM   #2
EagleEd

Beautiful inspiring video of brookies. Really gets the blood flowing about hooking and returning one of those monsters.

Eagle Ed
EagleEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 12:45 PM   #3
jirwin85

Anyone have any back country ice out reports?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2020, 11:44 PM   #4
EagleCrag

I'm self quarantined at my home on Eagle Crag Lake, near Tupper Lake and the lake is still socked in pretty good. Ice has only separated from shore about a foot and is plenty thick to walk on, I believe--haven't ventured out on it as I'm alone and don't care to risk it. Looks like at least a week away and then only if we get some good sun on it. I'll post here when it's getting ready to go out. Might also venture up to the St. Regis area to check on ice when the time is near.
EagleCrag is offline   Reply With Quote