This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADKHP Foundation is partnering with eBay

You can now support the foundation through eBay's Giving Works program. The program is easy, and supports ALL of us.

** - Don't get lost in the name. ADKForum is owned and operated as an educational arm of Adkhighpeaks Foundation. Both forums exist only through the support of the Foundation. Supporting the foundation, supports this community.

Here are the details.

-----------------------

Buy and Sell on eBay for Adkhighpeaks Foundation

You can support Adkhighpeaks Foundation when you buy or sell on eBay, with the eBay Giving Works program. We are now part of the eBay Giving Works program. So, you can support our foundation when you buy and sell on eBay. Here’s how:

Buy
    You can find whatever you're looking for on eBay – from baseball cards to new cars and more. When you do, shop for items that benefit us. You can get a great deal and support the foundation at the same time!

Shop now to support Adkhighpeaks Foundation
    Visit the Foundations eBay Giving Works page

Sell
    You can also support Adkhighpeaks Foundation when you sell on eBay. Just designate our organization to receive 10-100% of your final sale price the next time you list something great.

Did you know that charity listings often get more bids and higher prices than regular eBay listings? Boost your sales and support our important work while you’re at it! Plus eBay gives back to you too, with a fee credit on your basic selling fees.

Sell now to support Adkhighpeaks Foundation
    Visit the Foundations eBay Giving Works page

-----------------------

What this means in a thumbnail is;

When you sell something on eBay (which many of us do), all you have to do is to set up the Giving Works option (when you do an advanced listing) and select the % of of the proceeds you want us to make (if you select 10%, and the items sells for $100, we would get $10 minus a $.37 fee). You will get the added benefit of 1) being listed indicating it's charitable status (which often fetch's higher bids), and 2) receiving a tax-deductible receipt for the portion of the proceeds you donate.

If you choose to donate 100% of an item, it's considered a donation in kind and similar to giving cash. There is a tax reporting difference, but it is deductible. Consult your tax person.

If you buy something listed on the page, it will also help us out as everything listed on it benefits us in some measurable way. It essentially multiplies the gift and everyone is happy.

Sample transaction:

If Dick has a tent he no longer wants, but doesn't care what he gets for it. He can list it on ebay and sell it, but when he list's it, he selects 50% to go to us. Let's say Neil needs a tent and sees Dick's tent on the listing page. Neil bids on it and buy's it for $60.

- Dick's Happy because he unloads the tent, makes $30 and gets a $30 tax deduction.

- Neil is happy cuz he gets a tent and helps out an organization that serves a great purpose.

- We are happy, because we did nothing and receive $28.89 as a charitable donation to use for the Foundation projects.

Sweet Huh :tup:

We hope you consider using this as a way to support us. Lemme know if you have any questions.
    "I can feel your anger. It gives you focus. It makes you stronger. " Supreme Chancellor

Other things to consider.

A couple of additional tidbit that you need to know about this.

Before jumping in (all at once now ), please consider the following.
    1. Keep in mind, this will not be a donation in-kind, which is kind of a tax PITA with appraising values etc...., It is a CASH donation (much more tax friendly). You sell the item, then ebay deducts the amount you selected to donate and make the cash donation to US.
    2. Also, as a buyer, you generally do NOT get the tax break. You are simply buying a product that supports our cause. Still worthy and good, but that part should be clear.
    3. Sellers on the other hand, get all the tax breaks associated with writing a check and sending it in. This is ACTUALLY a nice benefit to you.

While this is a wonderful concept and practice, there are fees and potential pitfalls if you are not careful. PLEASE READ.
    • The minimum donation for each transaction is $5 (no mater what the final price is). So if you sell a pencil and direct 10% of the proceeds to us, and that item sells for $1.00, you are still gonna be charged $5. We suggest $10 to be the target number, so if you wanna donate amount less then $10, just mail us the money. It's much easier that way. Fees for small items as just not worth doing.
    • If you wanna go over $10, we ask that you abide by the "rule of 10". When considering a item to sell to benefit us, please calculate the minimum donation to us of $10. That means that if you are selling a $10 item, it should be a 100% gift. A $20 item would be a minimum 50% gift. $100 item, 10% minimum. You can go more of course, but this would be the minimum.
    • For that reason, I'd suggest setting the reserve on the item using the "rule of 10" as well.
    • I suggest that you contact me by PM or email timd@adkhighpeaks.com and I can help you.

This all sounds complicated, but it's not. I plan on doing MUCH of my donating this way this year, because 1) I wanna to support the Foundation in a meaningful way, and 2) I'm kinda cash poor with a kid going off to college, so writing a check for a few hundred bucks hurts the ole wallet., and 3) I got TONS of shyte around my house that I don't want anymore and need to get rid of.

If you're like that, this is a nice way to go about it.
    "I can feel your anger. It gives you focus. It makes you stronger. " Supreme Chancellor

Comment

I should have read the thread closer before I posted stuff for sale with the giving works page. I put a stove on at no reserve, so techinically, someone might get it for 99 cents, and I just end up donating 5 bucks. I'm thinking it will go for more though.

Comment

Originally posted by hillman1 View Post
        I should have read the thread closer before I posted stuff for sale with the giving works page. I put a stove on at no reserve, so techinically, someone might get it for 99 cents, and I just end up donating 5 bucks. I'm thinking it will go for more though.
        Unless you already have bids, just edit your item to ad a $10 reserve.

Comment

Good stuff. I'll keep it in mind for future sales.

Comment

By the way, so far the foundation has made $125 this way. Please consisder donating unwanted crap..... err, I mean stuff, to sell on e-bay, or at least consider donating a portion of stuff you sell on there through the "giving works program.

By the way Hillman is the big winner as of now. :tup

Comment

We give to the Foundation as a whole-Should one member be given the credit?

Comment

Originally posted by looncry View Post
                We give to the Foundation as a whole-Should one member be given the credit?
                When it comes to the ebay sales, yeah.......... That's why it is in the ebay thread.

Others have been mentioned in the appropriate corresponding places.

Comment

Originally posted by looncry
                  OK I see,MAVSOO you helped me understand . Tnx really.I can be ''readjusted '' as it were. I'm thankful I can speak my mind without being ''judged'' Have a good night Looncry
                  I did? Okay....... Glad I could help

Anyhow, We never judge and ANY help is appreciated. You too are a great supporter of the foundation and it's certainly apreciated as well. It's just not in the area of ebay sales.

Hillman still rules there.

Comment

Yes,Doug is gr8 at e-bay! Looncry

Comment

Working...
                    X