No announcement yet.

The 46ers Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really want to see this, hope it is available to watch soon!
    Spencer Bigfoot

Comment

I emailed PBS a couple months ago and never received a reply.

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead View Post
        I emailed PBS a couple months ago and never received a reply.
        I messaged their Facebook page a week ago. No response. Pretty pathetic that they can't just say, "Our fund drive is in (month) and you will be able to buy it then".

Comment

I emailed Connie Cortright (the producer) back in May and she said that, in all probability, it would air in December to coincide with their pledge drives so they can make the DVD available for purchase when the film is aired.

Comment

So much for it becoming available at Christmas time. No mention of it on Mountain Lake PBS's facebook page or website. My local PBS affiliate is quite busy with fund-raising. Maybe Mountain Lake is flush with cash! :P

Comment

Not sure why they are taking so long to make anything available. At this point though I am personally beginning to lose interest in this video.

Comment

Originally posted by chriswebb View Post
                Not sure why they are taking so long to make anything available. At this point though I am personally beginning to lose interest in this video.
                Don't give up. The film is great!

Don't know what to say about PBS...too busy with fund raising and politics...?

Comment

Just e-mailed Mountain Lake PBS, whom I think we were all under the impression was in control of the movie's release and they threw American Public Television under the bus as the rate limiting factor! Grrrrr.......

Comment

for the interested. The latest info from WCNY:

Broadcast and sale of copies of the 46ers are on hold as the producers work with WCNY for a hopeful national distribution of the program. If and when all the details are worked out, the program will be offered to all PBS stations to broadcast and copies will be available for purchase. I’m told there will likely not be any more news on this until late winter/early spring.
                    Feel free to check back with me in early March for any additional news.

Comment

Originally posted by gebbyfish View Post
                      for the interested. The latest info from WCNY:

Broadcast and sale of copies of the 46ers are on hold as the producers work with WCNY for a hopeful national distribution of the program. If and when all the details are worked out, the program will be offered to all PBS stations to broadcast and copies will be available for purchase. I’m told there will likely not be any more news on this until late winter/early spring.
                      Feel free to check back with me in early March for any additional news.
                      Thanks for keeping this alive. While I haven't lost interest, I've been hoping (and patiently waiting) for news that the film would be distributed to a larger audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbeard View Post
                        Thanks for keeping this alive. While I haven't lost interest, I've been hoping (and patiently waiting) for news that the film would be distributed to a larger audience.

I SOOOOOO want a copy. For now, I have to sate myself with the soundtrack, which is actually pretty good!

Comment

Does anyone own a copy of this? I have been trying to get a copy to show my Outdoor Education class. this is the second year that pbs is giving me the runaround. If anyone would like to help me show this in a public school setting please pm me.
                          thanks

Comment

I SOOOOOO want a copy. For now, I have to sate myself with the soundtrack, which is actually pretty good!
                            Where can you find the soundtrack?

Comment

Originally posted by Redbeard View Post
                              Where can you find the soundtrack?
                              I bought it at a showing of the movie in North Creek. Not sure if you can still get it.

Comment

I bought it at a showing of the movie in North Creek. Not sure if you can still get it.

Looks like it can still be purchased directly from the website for the film

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X