Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian lake project

Hello all,
    Recently built a camp near old forge and was researching mysteries, and strange things that have happened in the adk's. I came across all the info on the indian lake project. I am sure it must have been brought up on this forum. Very interesting reading hard to say if it was a hoax....curious if anyone has opinions. Also would love to hear about any local mysterious, unsolved crimes, strange happenings in the Adk's especially near old forge area. Thanks all!

not familiar with the indian lake project but ive camped at squaw lake every year since i was a boy and am curious to what its all about. i can remember a quite a few years back seeing missing person signs on every trail head in the moose river plains. 3 disappearences all within a few years of eachother in relatively the same area. Been reading a lot of david paulides stories so im extra curious as to how this years squaw trip will turn out.

Comment

Aliens love to camp in the MRP. Like Glen they love to tell tales of monster trout and then they offer to show you the pond. If they offer don't go. Mention Glen's name and you will stay safe. They are afraid of Glen.
      Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
        not familiar with the indian lake project but ive camped at squaw lake every year since i was a boy and am curious to what its all about. i can remember a quite a few years back seeing missing person signs on every trail head in the moose river plains. 3 disappearences all within a few years of eachother in relatively the same area. Been reading a lot of david paulides stories so im extra curious as to how this years squaw trip will turn out.
        You might find this article on the "Blumuda Triangle" to be an interesting read.

Comment

There's a great book about early Hamilton county: "Tales from an Adirondack County" by Ted Abner and Stella king. Lot's of good stories - one about Manbury Mountain, which is just South of lost ponds and Little Moose Lake. I think it was named after a dead man that was found on the upper reaches.

Comment

Rather than start a new thread on the topic I figured I'd post here.

A buddy of mine, who shares a love of conspiracy theories, UFOs, and Sasquatch with me, sent me a link today about the Indian Lake Project. I was intrigued. Both of us are skeptics and generally dismiss about 99% of what we read as hoaxes or total BS but this was interesting given that it dealt with Indian Lake.

The mystery of 'The Indian Lake Project' has never been unraveled, but the tale of a secret project that experimented on children, in a small hamlet just 90 minutes from Utica, is the Adirondacks' very own conspiracy theory.

Within the story there is a link to a 16-minute youtube video detailing everything known about the Indian Lake Project. If you have the time/patience to watch it you may enjoy the story though it all sounds very hoaxy to me. But I did find the part about a temporary military installation in the woods around Indian Lake during the 1950's interesting. If there was such an installation it would be remembered. Anybody have any idea what that was? Was it real? If so, where was it? I'm figuring there must be a simple explanation for such an installation if it did exist. At the 7:00 mark of the video there are pictures of the supposed structures and at 11:50 mark some video of the interior of one building. There's really no way to know exactly where the pics/video were taken but perhaps somebody may recognize something if it was actually taken around Indian Lake.

As for the conspiracy theory part... who knows? The fact this tale ties to MKUltra is fascinating but that usually signals that the whole thing is nonsense. And the sketchy details of the story is one of the hallmarks of a classic conspiracy theory - almost nothing is verifiable but they want you to believe it anyway.

Additional details on any of this would be appreciated.

Comment

I recently discovered this mystery story online and, have been reading and researching everything I can find online about it , as of late. To be honest, besides the blog, references on web mystery stories/sites and various other yutube segments, thers not much out there. There is, however, a ton of info avaialble online pertaining to MK Ultra, Project Artichoke and its predecessor, Project Bluebird. After perusing some of this info online, I concluded that , if the ILP story was genuine and was truly part of these CIA programs, then the ILP must have been one of the field operations research centers, presumably as part of Project Artichoke. According to what Ive read, Project Artichoke logistically involved the conducting of mind-control research in over 160 "centers" , of which, McGilll University in Montreal, Canada appeared to be the main center or "Headquarters". Headed by a Dr. Ewen Cameron of Albany, NY , Dr. Cameron would make the approximately 4 1/2 drive from Albany to Montreal and back on a weekly basis. Is it possible he founded another research center devoted exclusively to research on children in the mountains not far off of his weekly route between his home and his research center at McGill? I am inclined to believe this story is a hoax-albeit a well-contrived one- but, consider the location and proximity to Camerons home intriguing, to say the least. Although I was born and raised in St. Lawrence county and am very familiar with the northern Adirondacks region south of Malone, I have never been as far south as Indian Lake . Has anyone ever fished, hunted and/or hiked the
              Indian Lake area that frequents this forum? It looks to me from maps of the area that the land to the west of Indian Lake Village is the largest tract unbroken or divided by roadways. Id imagine that, if there truly is remnants of an old base in the vicinity, that its likely to be somewhwere in there. Anyone ever explored that area? Thanks
              "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger."
              ~Herbert Hoover

Comment

The buddy I mentioned above in post #6 just happens to have a son attending McGill. I alerted him of the MKUltra link to the university and he sent me this back...

Comment

Interesting piece of trivia... Dr. Cameron died of a heart attack in 1967 while hiking Street Mountain.

Comment

Yes, I read that too. Thanks for the link, interesting stuff but doesnt mention anything about Indian Lake. Im going to do some additional research and post some updates about this story. So, Have you ever been to the Indian Lake area? Do you know about or have heard of that old Skywatch outpost that was supposedly built somewhere in that vicinity?

Thanks !!
                    ~Herbert Hoover

Comment

I have been to the Indian Lake area dozens of times over the years. I'd guess a good portion of the folks on the forum have as well. That's why I was curious if anybody perhaps recognized any of the structures in that video. There are enough hikers, hunters, anglers, paddlers and other outdoorsy people on here that a sizable chunk of the area around Indian Lake has been explored by those reading this thread.

Not familiar with the Skywatch outpost.

Comment

Yes, I agree (one would think at least) that a sizable amount of that area has been explored but it is a pretty large area so, who knows for sure? I could also see it being missed.
                        Skywatch was a 1950s program initiated under the Truman administration and consisted of civilian volunteers to watch the skies for enemy planes coming to attack the US. I believe that many localities that participated built elevated structures for the watchers and I read somewhere that there was a project skywatch outpost somewhere in the Indian Lake/Blue Lake vicinity. Might be a logical place to start searching, IDK. I've also read about a boy scout or girl scout camp in the area whose buildings looked very military-like in design; perhaps it was military at one time? Anybody familiar with an old scout camp somewhere around there?
                        ~Herbert Hoover

Comment

A series released about 2 years ago by Amazon Prime entitled "Hanna" is still viewable and is very closely aligned to the theme of the "Indian Lake Project. Check it out.
                          Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

Really, sounds interesting, do you know when it was released by any chance?
                            ~Herbert Hoover

Comment

Working...
                            X