Potter's Restaurant - Blue Mountain Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potter's Restaurant - Blue Mountain Lake

Anyone with old Blue Mountain Lake connections should be interested in knowing that Potter's Restaurant, closed and private residence since 2000, has reopened as an antiques store. I got a big kick out of touring the inside and talking with Francie, the proprietor.
    Exploring the US one mountain at a time.

Lots of changes up that way, the Hedges is for sale, too, if you have a spare 3.9 million around.

Comment

Too late.

Comment

And kudos to Pat for turning down a prior offer from a would-be purchaser looking to take the entire property into private ownership.

FWIW the restaurant/dining lodge is open to the public. You do not need to be a guest. Reservations are recommended.
        Five Thousand Acres of Peace & Serenity
        Far from the Hubbub of the High Peaks.
        sigpic
        Join Blue Mountain Lake Club
        "We have Our Own High Peak!"
        www.bmlcny.com

Comment

I have to wonder why the full color ad in the new Adirondack Life, unless the Consortium needed a "little push."

Now if there was just a public boat launch , even just car top, on Blue Mountain Lake, maybe some of that NYS subsidy money could go toward that at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky13 View Post
            I have to wonder why the full color ad in the new Adirondack Life, unless the Consortium needed a "little push."

Now if there was just a public boat launch , even just car top, on Blue Mountain Lake, maybe some of that NYS subsidy money could go toward that at some point.
            Lucky, there is a public launch for paddling (car top) right next to the town beach. Nice restrooms across the street.

Comment

The Woods Inn on 4th lake was for sale last time I was up there. Looks like that one sold too. I haven't heard anything about how it's going to be run going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Bark Eater Too View Post
                Lucky, there is a public launch for paddling (car top) right next to the town beach. Nice restrooms across the street.
                I'm always driving through there, and due to the narrow road and often large number of doe eyed pedestrians, I keep my eyes on the road. The DEC website indicates two private for fee launches, this one is free and public? Where does one park?

Comment

Parking right on the side of the road. Wide shoulder. DEC sign in box directly next to the beach. Enjoy!

Comment

Thank you very much, Sir!!

Comment

Very welcome. Enjoy your paddle and please let us know how it goes. It is a beautiful body of water!

Comment

Almost put in there to kayak/fish last Sunday (7/15), but the lake looked busy so we opted for Sagamore. I love BLM, and ate at Potters in the 1990s.
                        Last edited by Buckladd; 07-22-2018, 07:40 PM.
                        Life's short, hunt hard!

Comment

Years ago Potters had small cabins available to rent. Some were on the water and others were across the road and up the hill. I spent many wonderful vacations as a child there with my parents. I remember those wonderful berry pies they served at Potters restaurant!

mtnaire

Comment

Potters mystery

Originally posted by Bark Eater Too View Post
                            Anyone with old Blue Mountain Lake connections should be interested in knowing that Potter's Restaurant, closed and private residence since 2000, has reopened as an antiques store. I got a big kick out of touring the inside and talking with Francie, the proprietor.
                            The Sahler family acquired the buildings and property in 2003 to present 2019 year. Francie is the sister, Pat (Known for the Hedges) Pat owns the antique business occupying the old dining area. The Sahler’s have been restoring The buildings. Dr Charles and Emily Sahler honeymooned at Potters In 1941 and their son purchased the Potter’s property in 2003. He’s trying to reopen the doors to keep the memories alive.

Comment

Bob, (The Pirate), as he is known by the locals used to charge ten bucks for a launch in and ten bucks out. Don't know if he is still in business but he used to sell pies too. He is right up from Prospect Point. He used to have a tour boat. His brother, Bill was famous for inventing the harness for doubles skydiving. Bob isn't a bad guy, he even will give you a map of the Lake and tell you where not to go. (Hint) Don't discuss politics unless you are conservative. Small craft can glide through the pass to You Don't Wanna Lake, (sic) and beyond. But if you have power boat you either have to know someone or pay.
                              Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X