Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
Gray Ghost
46er#6729

2010 Stocking List???

I'm sure it's just my incompetence, but I can't seem to find a 2010 stocking list on the DEC site. Did they stock last year? 2009 and 2011 seem to come up fine. Anyone know the deal? Thanks.
Gray Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
JW

Just sent the same question to them from the website this afternoon - no response yet.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
EagleCrag

I too, noticed that they have not posted the 2010 stocking list, much less the 2011 one. I suspect that they are having difficulty keeping up with their website with all the cutbacks they have had the past several years. This is just a guess though. Maybe someone else will have a more definitive answer.
EagleCrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #4
Gray Ghost
46er#6729

The 2011 list is on the site, though much shorter for my county.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #5
EHiker

I found the 2011 lists...

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/30465.html
EHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #6
jjones

Just so you all know! I have 3 very good friends that work for the DEC at the hatcheries and lists are not accurate at all. With all the cut backs that started years ago they were the first hit and they do not want the sportsman to slow down buying licenses.The numbers are not correct. Then on top of that they have not done an accurate study on species survial and growth in at least 15 years.
jjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #7
ILikeRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones View Post
The numbers are not correct. Then on top of that they have not done an accurate study on species survial and growth in at least 15 years.
Are just the numbers incorrect or are locations incorrect as well?
ILikeRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #8
JW

JJ I agree - they are most likey to post bin ladens picture before the correct numbers. I got a funny reply from dec in albany. Although I coincidentally asked yesterday before reading this post - he says he had 3 questions on the same topic today - I sparred him the pain of telling him why. Says they will get it up when they can.... I like to use it as an indicator of what they think will support trout.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #9
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

What's notable is what's absent. There is virtually no stocking of brook trout in any ponds this year. This is going to hurt later on.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #10
Stillhunter

Just a related observation point... I saw a DEC stocking truck at the Eighth Lake launch yesterday (5/6) but did not see anyone around it. The list says it will get 2800 rainbows this spring? Maybe it just did?
Stillhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #11
rADK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones View Post
Just so you all know! I have 3 very good friends that work for the DEC at the hatcheries and lists are not accurate at all. With all the cut backs that started years ago they were the first hit and they do not want the sportsman to slow down buying licenses.The numbers are not correct. Then on top of that they have not done an accurate study on species survial and growth in at least 15 years.
Interesting... When private companies do this, it's called fraud.

I don't really go after the stocked fish but if that's true then it is pretty shady business.
rADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #12
Rusty and the Maniac

wonder where all that extra license money is going? I'd really like it to go towards fishing... or to tax breaks for GE.. whichever.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:18 AM   #13
Gray Ghost
46er#6729

The 2010 lists are on the DEC site.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #14
Limekiln

I know where all the fish are. I flew with these guys on a stocking run out of Old Forge a couple of days ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-18.jpg (46.2 KB, 64 views)