Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Trip Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2014, 05:45 AM   #1
12trysomething

Benson to Piseco Parts 3 & 4 Finale (Northville-Placid Trail)

The last 2 videos do this trip....seems to go by way too fast!

http://youtu.be/vFO63ECcgH4

http://youtu.be/bIFNWURvv4s

Thanks for watching

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook
12trysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #2
SteveSam

I really enjoyed all of your posts on the Northville Placid Trail. The format that you selected is pretty unique. It must take a lot of work to put these videos together. Your enthusiasm and love for the Adirondacks comes through in every post. Thanks again for sharing!
Steve
SteveSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:17 PM   #3
12trysomething

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSam View Post
I really enjoyed all of your posts on the Northville Placid Trail. The format that you selected is pretty unique. It must take a lot of work to put these videos together. Your enthusiasm and love for the Adirondacks comes through in every post. Thanks again for sharing!
Steve
Steve, thanks so much for taking the time to comment..and a nice one to boot! It is a labor of love...I find it much better to remember the experience with video. I sure do love the Adirondacks...builds the energy back up!

Happy Trails,

Rob

Old 07-15-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
BenjaminBentley

Great stuff
It takes dedication to carry all that camera gear and document. Your posts are really interesting and your love of the trail if obvious. Great that you share these. Thanks!
BenjaminBentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #5
12trysomething

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminBentley View Post
Great stuff
It takes dedication to carry all that camera gear and document. Your posts are really interesting and your love of the trail if obvious. Great that you share these. Thanks!
Back and forth...back and forth...back...and...forth. It becomes a bit comical when editing the film. I often thought of posting a back and forth video from all the raw footage setting up shots just for laughs I am glad you have enjoyed them, the response to them has been so nice. Someday, old and sitting in a rocking chair, I want my great grandkids to be able to see me as someone who went out and lived life! Happy trails!

Old 07-16-2014, 07:43 AM   #6
viewseeker
Wright 2-18-12

Russ... Your an internet superstar now..Nice....
CL-50 #51
CATSKILLS 9/35
NPT--Complete 7-6-13
viewseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:39 AM   #7
DuctTape
Out of Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewseeker View Post
Russ... Your an internet superstar now..Nice....
The NPT is the real Star. Rob does a fantastic job on the vids.

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:22 AM   #8
12trysomething

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuctTape View Post
The NPT is the real Star.
100% agreed!

Old 07-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #9
snapper
snapper

Rob - Thanks so much for these videos. Long story short, in 2013 I thought I was finally going to be able to hike the entire NPT. Unfortunately, on day 2, taking a lunch break at the chimney, my hiking partner severely sprained her ankle and we had to come off the trail. It's been over a year now and I haven't been able to get back. Your videos have been a great way to keep in touch with my dream. Due to work (and a lack of hiking partners) I don't think I'm going to be able to have the time to go for a complete hike in the near future but you've given me ideas for breaking it up and doing it in smaller segments. At this point I hope to be back this fall for a 3 day trip. Being self supported I'm now thinking of going in at Piseco, hiking in to Hamilton Lake LT and setting up a basecamp, doing a day hike over & back to Whitehouse where we had to come out, and then hiking back out to Piseco. After that I'll work on another section. My new goal is to section hike the trail so that by the time I'm retired and my oldest grandson is ready to do this (about 10 years from now) I'll have some idea of what to expect; although I do realize the trail is always changing. At that point I'll be 70 but he'll only be 17 so I think it should work.

That's all for now. Take care, thanks again for all the inspiration and until our paths should cross...Be well.

snapper

PS - A special THANKS to Duct Tape (aka: Russ) as well. You've replied to e-mails of mine over the years and I've always appreciated your insight and knowledge.
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:40 AM   #10
viewseeker
Wright 2-18-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuctTape View Post
The NPT is the real Star. Rob does a fantastic job on the vids.
Of coarse he does, and a great Name to BOOT
CL-50 #51
CATSKILLS 9/35
NPT--Complete 7-6-13
Old 07-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #11
DuctTape
Out of Shape

Snapper, happy to have been some help. Hope to see you on the trail someday.

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #12
12trysomething

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper View Post
Rob - Thanks so much for these videos. Long story short, in 2013 I thought I was finally going to be able to hike the entire NPT. Unfortunately, on day 2, taking a lunch break at the chimney, my hiking partner severely sprained her ankle and we had to come off the trail. It's been over a year now and I haven't been able to get back. Your videos have been a great way to keep in touch with my dream. Due to work (and a lack of hiking partners) I don't think I'm going to be able to have the time to go for a complete hike in the near future but you've given me ideas for breaking it up and doing it in smaller segments. At this point I hope to be back this fall for a 3 day trip. Being self supported I'm now thinking of going in at Piseco, hiking in to Hamilton Lake LT and setting up a basecamp, doing a day hike over & back to Whitehouse where we had to come out, and then hiking back out to Piseco. After that I'll work on another section. My new goal is to section hike the trail so that by the time I'm retired and my oldest grandson is ready to do this (about 10 years from now) I'll have some idea of what to expect; although I do realize the trail is always changing. At that point I'll be 70 but he'll only be 17 so I think it should work.

That's all for now. Take care, thanks again for all the inspiration and until our paths should cross...Be well.

snapper

PS - A special THANKS to Duct Tape (aka: Russ) as well. You've replied to e-mails of mine over the years and I've always appreciated your insight and knowledge.
Snapper, sorry to hear your 2013 trip got cut off so soon after the start. Unfortunate for both of you, especially after all of the planning it takes to get to day 1. I believe the trail is set up perfectly for you to do sections over the course of long weekends and I love the idea of a 10 year out goal of hiking with your grandson! What a goal and memory in the making for you both! I will generously offer Russ to help plan the section hiking, he is a wealth of knowledge (I will of course assist where I have any knowledge). Thanks Russ

Finally, thanks so much for including these series of videos, with all our antics, as a part of your fondness of the trail and any inspiration they provide. I am just a happy-go-lucky guy that loves to walk around the woods with my friends and talk to a camera.

Hopefully we can go for a walk sometime!

Rob

Old 07-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #13
snapper
snapper

Rob - Honestly, I'd love to meet up with you (Duct Tape too) if it can be arranged. I have a feeling my slow but steady hiking style might work with you. And hey, if it doesn't I don't mind hiking solo and meeting up at pre-determined campsites. At least my wife would feel better about me since I wouldn't be so alone.

That's all for now. Take care and until our paths should cross...Be well.

snapper
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #14
viewseeker
Wright 2-18-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper View Post
Rob - Honestly, I'd love to meet up with you (Duct Tape too) if it can be arranged. I have a feeling my slow but steady hiking style might work with you. And hey, if it doesn't I don't mind hiking solo and meeting up at pre-determined campsites. At least my wife would feel better about me since I wouldn't be so alone.

That's all for now. Take care and until our paths should cross...Be well.

snapper
why thanks,...
CL-50 #51
CATSKILLS 9/35
NPT--Complete 7-6-13