Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hiking in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
adkskier

Backcountry Skiing Partners Wanted

I started Backcountry Skiing a few years ago with some buddies from the Saratoga area and they have since dropped out. I am looking for some reliable ski partners to ski the North Creek, Indian Lake and High Peak areas. I well equiped with Avy Gear and have taken the AIARE Level I Training along with a fair bit of hands on avy training. I am 46er and I am not looking for anything high risk (family man with a job) but I am ok for long day trips. Sorry if this sounds like a resume, but my wife is getting tired of me going out alone and wondering if my kids will still have dad. I cant get my other friends to invest the $$ required to buy AT/Tele stuff and all the associated gear.
adkskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:41 AM   #2
Damon

What kind of BC skiing are you looking to do. Touring like avalanche pass, peaks like marcy or slides.
I do a lot of skiing in the High peaks area and would welcome some company.
Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
adkskier

I do mostly slides and steep tree skiing. I like to do Marcy once or twice a year too.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
hillman1
skiing demi-god

I have trouble getting free time due to work and kids, but keep me in mind. I'm a big fan and missed out last year completely. I would like to try and ski all 46 from the top. Might be impossible, but everybody needs something to think about and plan....would like to do colden, phelps, Algonquin, gothics, and haystack this winter.
hillman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:57 AM   #5
adkskier

Skiing all 46 would be a great thing to try, but you would need some big snow winters in order to make it enjoyable and it would certainly require some overnights. I would be up for chipping away at that goal!