Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Paddling in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2020, 01:23 PM   #1
adknomad

Indian river (brook trout lake)

Has anyone paddled the Indian river coming out of brooktrout lake to where indian lake road meets the indian river in the moose river plains? What issues did you encounter ?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
adknomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 07:51 PM   #2
paddles

What kind of boat are you using? This isnít from firsthand experience, but the stillwater immediately southwest of Brooktrout is navigable. Beyond that, the river drops over 300 feet before reaching the trail coming from Indian Lake, so definitely not a flat water paddle.

Iím sure you already know this, but the Indian Lake Rd at that point is just a trail. Itís quite a few miles of hiking to get to the river from the end of the road, especially this year with the road being blocked off at the Brooktrout trailhead.
paddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:48 PM   #3
adknomad

a Hornbeck 12 foot. I've taken it back to cedar lakes mud lake south and west lakes in wclw. I was curious about the area called the second stillwater above where the old Indian lake road meets Indian river.
I believe it's about a 6.5 mile hike from where the trailhead is now by brooktrout lake due to the falls pond outlet washout.

Judging by the satellite pictures it looks somewhat walkable but I wasnt sure how walkable it is if at all.

This was more curiously and feasibility question after looking at the maps.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
adknomad is offline   Reply With Quote