Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Skiing in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM   #21
montcalm
Mobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by montcalm View Post
Lifts were a terrible idea anyway... Get back to the roots!
Emotional response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montcalm View Post
By the time you invest in a proper pair of skis you're gonna be out more than you would pay for a season pass, rentals and lessons at most hills in NY.
Rational response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripperguy View Post
Whoa there…
He never said it was free, just the cost for that skiing was $0. We all know you have to have some equipment.
There's no right or wrong answer, just various ways to look at the same things. I've looked at it from a number of different angles and I know what I prefer but to some it may seem a waste of time.
montcalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM   #22
Huezee

TGR has a new film that talks about this issue directly

https://tgrtv.tetongravity.com/apps/...62037/32816199

https://tgrtv.tetongravity.com/apps/...62037/32816199
Huezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM   #23
montcalm
Mobster

LOL - almost every single "mom and pop's" business in America has been engulfed by corporate structure, and I'm supposed to feel bad about the ski industry?

The ski hill was a losing bet from the start. Let's deforest mountains, pollute the watershed and waste an obscene amount of energy making what nature can't consistently provide. Then we'll develop the surrounding areas with hotels and expensive condos so we can sell the whole mess to white people with way too much money and time on their hands.

Next lets factor in increasing temperatures in the east and droughts in the west, and we have the perfect recipe for failure.
montcalm is offline   Reply With Quote