Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Skiing in the Adirondacks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2020, 11:27 PM   #1
stripperguy
Hangin' by a thread

Oak Mountain

I had a chance to ski Oak the other week, first time I've been back there since 1988!!

While the facilities have changed with the new lodge, 4 person chairlift, snowmaking, the vibe is just the same.

Such a fun, friendly mountain, so many families.
I happened to catch Oak on a good powder day, knee deep untracked on a couple trails, Barbie and Ken sized bumps on a few, and fresh lines everywhere all day long.
There was a mild breakable crust on the bottom third of the mountain, but my Wattea's handled that easily.

I would recommend Oak to any level skier, just a fun, comfortable place.
Oh, great views too!
stripperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:37 AM   #2
backwoodsman

I've skied there many times with our kids . Like you say , it has a certain vibe , laid back and quiet , at least the times we were there . Woods Valley is also one we like , but it can be busy there .
backwoodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 06:46 PM   #3

Agreed as well. Matt and Laura have done a tremendous job bringing the place back to life and making it an integral part of the community. They are a key economic player in the area, winter and summer, and the mountain is really a fun place to ski. Nice snowmaking expansion to Oak Mt Run as well as Kunjamuck. Heading there tomorrow!
2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 09:04 PM   #4

Skied there today...fantastic conditions! Full parking lot and overflowing restaurant (probably 1/3 snowmobilers). All good. Found powder on 4 trails, groomed butter all over the rest of the place. Big fun!
2505 is offline   Reply With Quote